Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

It is too cheap not to buy!

Been doing some more details to the open areas on the hull:

IMG_1434.jpg

...and the part held in place:

IMG_1435.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Lookin great John. :) I have not done much with my Hasbro Falcon yet, Ive gotten a little side-tracked on it since the FM falcon came.

Ha, contenderfan,......just watch out for the carpet monster

I did a wee cast today,.....just to see how things work out

1stpull2.jpg
1stpull.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

OK, where exactly to send my Money? ;)

No, great work with the falcon so far, I have her sitting on a shelf and waiting to be started.

Just curious, the Picture with the Cockpit and grill... ist not fixed there? Because it Looks a Little off to me. The Position of the Cockpit tube with the seam to the pe Strip.

Maybe it was just fixed for the Picture, don`t know.

Jaitea said:
Ha, contenderfan,......just watch out for the carpet monster

I did a wee cast today,.....just to see how things work out

1stpull2.jpg
1stpull.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

John, so far i have eluded the carpet monster thankfully, only dropped a couple pieces and they havent been the super tiny ones so ive been able to find them. Actually I ty not to work over carpet anymore at all for that very reason. I do all my work at the kitchen table which is over a linoleum floor.

Thanks very much for the comments guys, I started work on the starboard sidewall but I ended up scrapping it,....it didn't look right

I was in the middle of re-doing the engine vents

This is the Ertl TIE pattern which ended up with 8 ribs & its pull:
IMG_1470.jpg

This is the 8 & the 6 compared......still to make a ring around the 6 rib one
8amp6.jpg

....I still like the 6 better.....well that was until Johnnycrash posted images of the PE set
IMG_1471.jpg

This is a new cast of the insert,....so really I can reuse any parts I used to make the original
IMG_1469.jpg

I've popped out the vents I'd made......I'm going to remake that central part thats rremoved
IMG_1468.jpg

Thats me at the minute

John

......Sorry,...I mentioned in my last post about Johnnycrash's PE set,

Heres his quote from Starship Modeller site:

From Johnnycrash

Hey all,

With all the new stuff for the Hasbro Falcon already out there, here is yet another add-on.

This upgrade consists of 18 resin (6x 3), and 9 PE (6x + 3) parts. You get 6x resin exhaust fan inserts (2 parts each), plus 6x PE grilles, then another 6x retainer rings. As well, you get three smaller grilles for atop the docking tubes.

This will be available from the SSM store sooner than later (but not before Xmas): They will (as of now) sell for $48.00 USD.

MMI-7781-01.jpg

MMI-7781-02.jpg

MMI-7781-03.jpg

MMI-7781-04.jpg

MMI-7781-05.jpg

NOTE: The PE in the images is in fact a custom piece for the SMT 1/48 Falcon. The 7781 PE will have a smaller outer diameter as to not be seen when the retainer ring is added. Hopefully that makes sense.

.....pretty impressive

J

I like those additions J... you gonna get a set? I probably will if they are still available when I'm ready to tear into this puppy!

LrdSatyr8 said:
I like those additions J... you gonna get a set? I probably will if they are still available when I'm ready to tear into this puppy!

I'm seriously thinking of it, I think it'll add a lot to it

I have to log in here on my phone. My laptop won't let me log in because of malware issue

Ok I found a way to post

Ok, so I've been working on the Bandai X-Wing for a while there & having a lot of fun with it

So I've returned to the Big Falcon with a fresh pair of eyes and I've decided to go back a couple of steps & redo a couple of things:

IMG_1484.jpg
IMG_1486.jpg
IMG_1489.jpg
IMG_1495.jpg

This jawbox bit sticks out too much at the turret, so I reduced the height of it a bit:
IMG_1487.jpg
IMG_1488.jpg
IMG_1490.jpg
IMG_1491.jpg
IMG_1494.jpg

I think it improves the look of it:
IMG_1492.jpg

Just picked up 2 copies of issue one of the DeAgostini Build your own Millennium Falcon

IMG_1498.jpg

It has parts that could be useful

I bought 2 copies to get 2 Quad guns

IMG_1499.jpg
IMG_1501.jpg

Other parts are obviously scaled too much as the DeAgostini Falcon builds up to 32"
IMG_1500.jpg

The cockpit back wall,....although waaaayyyy to big could be cut down to fit??
IMG_1503.jpg

£2.99 for the first issue,.....too good an opportunity not to buy,....even for the magazine

Thanks for looking
John

J

I'm seriously considering getting the mag sub when and if it becomes available in the states!

Ok,.....I've decided to remove all the very few telltale 5 foot areas of the Big Falcon,.....so I'm removing some of the details at the thruster flaps area at the rear of the deck...while I'm at it I'm replacing some of the generic block shapes with similar sized tank greeblies

IMG_1521.jpg
IMG_1522.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Looking great, you got me thinking about picking one up.

Get one Ozzman......you'll do a cracker job at it

This is where I'm at with the thruster flaps,.....just trying to get them all the same.......this is them just set in at the minute

IMG_1535.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Panels looking good. Going to be one epic addition to your collection.

Latest posts

Back