Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

peza said:
Wow buddy,ya motoring on with the engine end mym8.top job,
i did read somewhere if you have trouble with air bubbles cast ya
bits on a washing dryer for the vibration brings the air to the top...
now I've only red this i don't know if its true,but worth a stab at!
top work buddy looking all the extra's you've put into this one ace :eek:

This is pretty much how they get the air out of concrete. They use a big wand that vibrates.

Nice work on this!

Hi guys, thanks for the comments,.....more updates on the engine nozzles....

....hard to get them in a curve

IMG_1600.jpg

626bf2ec-556a-4ffd-9432-0656f06edcfe.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg

Now that this bit is done I'm gonna move on to the sidewalls

Thanks for looking

John

Have been watching your progress..great work and much inspiration to work on one..thank you

Eh up buddy,nice work on the engine vents!!!!they look sweet...
I've gone into full envy overload!!!!!lol,once I'm ready I'll send ya my version..
TOP JOB MYM8 :eek:

Just catching up on this thread. Very awesome modelling man. This is looking killer.

cargoman5126 said:
Have been watching your progress..great work and much inspiration to work on one..thank you

Thanks cargoman,...have you got one....I'd like to see your progress

Quaralane said:
Main engine's looking pretty good there

Thanks Q,....my hands are hacked to pieces,.....I have 3 cuts & 1 blister doing all that cutting,filing & sanding

peza said:
Eh up buddy,nice work on the engine vents!!!!they look sweet...
I've gone into full envy overload!!!!!lol,once I'm ready I'll send ya my version..
TOP JOB MYM8 :eek:

Absolutely no problem peza,....I'd say yours will look more refined

Scott Girvan said:
Just catching up on this thread. Very awesome modelling man. This is looking killer.

Thanks Scott.....gonna cheat a wee bit in next post.....a guy on RPF bought double parts from shape ways (3D printed)
and I'm buying some of the parts off him,.....I was intending to model those parts myself & cast them but I've taken the easier route

Thanks for the support guys

John

....some sidewall fun:

I made the Starboard mandible wall,....I decided to try & keep as close to the original as I could.....although the original is very flat & has a lot of areas where there are no details.....so I added a bit of depth
The top is the build,....the bottom is the cast:

wall%201.jpg

I bought some of Tony's (FZ6) ShapeWays parts from a member on the RPF who accidentally bought double of a few parts,....
I got the actuator rods,...which need modified to fit my ship & the F1 boxes

I lowered the height a bit of the boxes:
new%20boxes.jpg
side.jpg

The area where the old boxes were removed need filling
boxes%20gone.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Eh up buddy,lookin sweet mym8 nice work on the side detail.have you any images of the top section bit between the mandibles?i know the bottom section fires the torpedoes but i have no ref photos of the top inner bit?
p.s any news on the ARC cannon mym8...keep up with the top work dude

Thanks Peza, I'll have a look & see if I have any photos of that,...The ARC cannon was a bit of a pain to replicate,.....but I think Ive got it sorted now,.....there will be a flash/seam line that will need getting rid of.....cleaned up

Thanks Gag,.....this one isn't as amazing as your project

Thanks John,.....I'll honestly get some parts sent this week,......I couldn't let them go as they were

OK.....Because the boxes have an open area, you can see under the part,....the mandibles need that area repaired,...so I spent a bit of time filling in holes & gaps

IMG_1621.jpg
I also removed some of the pipes,....which I'll have to replace:
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1622.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Thanks John

As I said I bought some of FZ6 (Tony's) parts off Samster,....the 2 F1 boxes & the thruster actuator rods...the rods were designed to replace the rods which were on this toy,...but I made the plates a bit larger....(cause they are larger on the 32")...so the rods are a wee bit shorter, so I lengthened them:

IMG_1623.jpg
IMG_1624.jpg
IMG_1625.jpg
The sidewall dry-fitted:
IMG_1626.jpg

I opened up the vent things on the jaw & made new walls for it with card
IMG_1627.jpg
Thanks very much for looking

John

Latest posts

Back