My Bandai 1:72 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon build.

Captain Han Solo

To me, this is the best plastic injection model kit ever produced of a SCI FI Vehicle, Other than the inclusion of the full size set cockpit(I quickly disgarded), It is a bang on copy of the 5' Filming miniature. I am not interested in correcting any mistakes as most ego centric manufactures do, Making the models fit studio set interiors, or changing proportions, Bandi made sure this model was an almost perfect copy!
While the kit includes a ton of parts, construction is relatively simple. It's the paint work where the fun begins!...for me at least! I am a boring builder, I want my builds to look as close to the studio miniature as possible, so that's what I did here!
Paints, included, Floquil, Tamiya,Vallejo and model master. I also replaced the cockpit interior with the filming miniatures. Using my reference material, I wanted the model to be an almost exact copy of the filming miniature!
This Model was also featured in Fine Scale modeler and Amazing figure modeler magazines!

Many Thanks!

YnsDvX.jpg

YU65fE.jpg

AvP1w6.jpg

That looks beautiful. FYI, the engineers at Bandai (and other model companies in Japan at least) will intentionally make some unique changes to differentiate their own model from the studio model, to make it their own unique creation in some sort of slight, recognizable way. I'm not saying this to brag or anything, but I know this information firsthand. Perhaps some garage kit maker will endeavor to make their kit perfectly identical to the actual subject, but the designers at these companies will try to inject some personal change to set it apart as their own creation. Consequently, whenever the rivet counters pitch a fit over accuracy, I couldn't care less.

Latest posts

Back