2 Bandai Kits

Dminor9

I bought 2 Bandai kits. An X wing and a Y wing. I just finished both. I bought them specifically for practice in Panel Accent Liner and detail painting. I tried several different techniques and colors on both. Mostly panel liner on the X wing and a bit of wash weathering. On the Y wing I did detail painting. I painted all the pipes and details after assembly. The pipes were a pain in the butt to install. I waited until they were all in before painting because I brush paint and was a little apprehensive of losing the tiny holes the pipes went into during assembly. I went a bit overboard on both but didn't really care because both kits were fairly cheap. I am not embarrassed to show them off, as they still look pretty nice considering I was practicing techniques. Here are some pics for those interested.IMG_0722.JPGIMG_0717.JPGIMG_0716.JPGIMG_0719.JPGIMG_0669.JPGIMG_0671.JPGIMG_0679.JPGIMG_0680.JPGIMG_0683.JPG Thanks for looking!

Nice work. I've heard that with the piping all over the Y-Wing, if you paint them separately and then try to assemble it is difficult because the added paint layers make the fit tighter, which can lead to breaking.

Nice work. I've heard that with the piping all over the Y-Wing, if you paint them separately and then try to assemble it is difficult because the added paint layers make the fit tighter, which can lead to breaking.
Thanks for the compliment. The piping was difficult without any paint on them. You have to slightly bend some of the longer pipes to get them in the proper spots. I broke 3 of them during assembly. I managed to glue them back together, but they look patched. It was still a fun build and turned out fairly nice.

Latest posts

Back