Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

That looks awesome bro! Love the work you've done on this so far! Love the recessed areas in the sidewalls!

Hagoth said:
I really like the extra depth this is adding. The multiple levels of detail look great.

Thanks Hagoth,...the 'Bandai break' made me look at this project differently,....before I was analysing the 32" model & trying to stick to that look,....then with John Simmons RC parts on his Hasbro Falcon, made me think why not just make it look cool,...use parts that have the same style that ILM might have used

Constantine said:
That's some mighty fine detail'en ya got going on there! :)

Thanks Constantine,...I'm trying to make her more functional,....more to look at

LrdSatyr8 said:
That looks awesome bro! Love the work you've done on this so far! Love the recessed areas in the sidewalls!

Thanls LrdSatyr8,...The walls are gonna be deeper in than the 32" similar to the 5 footer,....& hopefully more going on in there,,....I'm looking forward to doing the engines

JohnSimmons said:
Really like that J

Thanks John,....it's a pity about the poor Matilda MkIII that was sacrificed for this model ;D

John

I'm sure whatever you end doing will only enhance the details bro... you do some excellent work my friend!

Jaitea said:
Thanks Hagoth,...the 'Bandai break' made me look at this project differently,....before I was analysing the 32" model & trying to stick to that look,....then with John Simmons RC parts on his Hasbro Falcon, made me think why not just make it look cool,...use parts that have the same style that ILM might have used

I really like your new perspective here. It keeps coming to my mind. As I have thought about it I realized this is a big part of what makes watching someones build process so interesting to me especially when it comes to Sci-Fi kits. Each variation and "Cool" tweak makes it unique and adds depth to the story behind the kit. Those deep recessed areas accomplish that beautifully here. You've made an impression on me with this that I will use to improve my own projects. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks very much guys,.....It really comes down to finding something that you think looks cool.....I just found it too hard trying to make it accurate and easily cast-able

Remember all that time ago when guys were making nice frames for the interior of their Falcons,....& I said no.....I didnt think I'd need one......well......when I started chopping more bits off this bird,....she started flapping about like a real feathered bird,.....so I got some of my favourite stuff,.....Foamalux.....& started cutting & supergluing

So a quick look at where I am......the engines are now glued into the interior structure:
IMG_3953_zpsqkrpqedi.jpg
IMG_3954_zpsa5t8yjyi.jpg

A view from above with the pits removed....some other parts fell off also....oops:
IMG_3957_zpsxnqfwfin.jpg

The 2 rear side walls slot in:
IMG_3955_zps9r89dx1i.jpg

Top off:
IMG_3958_zpssoh6fr4w.jpg
IMG_3959_zpshsfznspt.jpg
IMG_3960_zpseksbwjvq.jpg
IMG_3961_zpsaajidzmt.jpg

Space for lighting:
IMG_3962_zps9vbyiz8r.jpg

Gonna work on the pits in here:
IMG_3963_zpsaq6cxgat.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

That's some good vodka isn't it..? .. Topoff
The detail in your build, is beyond my experience master, the engines alone,...phhtt
Coming along nicely Jaitea 8)

Thank you Belugawrx,....It's been that long ago since I made those engines

Some more done:

I made a holder for one of the access bays:
IMG_3972_zpsnjh4upcu.jpg
IMG_3973_zpsy56l9le1.jpg
IMG_3974_zps1sxxulh8.jpg

& 1 down,....3 more to go for the circular pits:

IMG_3964_zpsnhttvfkb.jpg
IMG_3965_zpsxyxjrqst.jpg
IMG_3966_zps4ou0lert.jpg
IMG_3967_zpsmhniybhx.jpg

& turned over:
IMG_3968_zps1irh1axq.jpg
...view of it in place on underside
IMG_3971_zpszhl1vykr.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Thank you very much guys.....Another wee bit done...connecting the back quarter walls to the engine nozzle strip.....no parts of a Matilda goes unused!!

connection_zps6epjtd5b.jpg

John

I love those engine details. I know they are wire connection blocks... what's the name of them? Been trying to find them myself!

LrdSatyr8 said:
I love those engine details. I know they are wire connection blocks... what's the name of them? Been trying to find them myself!

No, they're scratched & cast.......starting of with styrene tube:

IMG_3989_zpsyoln4jrr.jpg

Then cut & built into a block with finer tubes & kit bashed parts:

IMG_3990_zps7pf1qsth.jpg
IMG_3991_zps8oxpgvj5.jpg
IMG_3992_zps2mmzhu43.jpg

Then moulded & cast
IMG_3993_zpsss4amocc.jpg

;D

J

Nice! Looks great bro! They look so very much like those wire connection blocks I've seen others use before. Awesome work in scratch building them! Love the way they came out!

Wow,...thanks guys,....still chipping away at it

I bought the latest issue of the 'DeAgostini Build your own Falcon'.....for the more accurate pit,.....so it's in & it's seat modified for its different dimensions

IMG_4002_zpst11tme70.jpg
IMG_4003_zpsv2x6tiel.jpg
IMG_4004_zpstqwidvh1.jpg
IMG_4006_zpsq9j4cp4y.jpg
IMG_4005_zps0tqt4093.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Latest posts

Back