AH-60L DAP Blackhawk

She is getting close to done!!! Good to see the body halves together!!

Oh and I agree about that Nato black. That is the color I painted up Godzilla with, and he looks greenish under most light.

That Rotor is looking Tops!!!! As does everything else! Coming together nicely there! ;)

As my work week begins, production will slow down a little, but I should be able to accomplish a couple of task per day before work. It's just going to be a matter of putting in extra hours and sleeping less.

So today I finished off the masking and dropped in the clear parts. The clear parts on this kit fit PERFECTLY. And thank all things big and small for that! I literally just dropped them into the slot, and dropped some Tamiya extra thin cement on the edges, it ran into the crack and sealed everything up beautifully.

If you've never worked with Masks before and are going to try, you will quickly become engulfed in the debate of ... "are these really worth the money?"
They go on easily, they do the job as good as tamiya tape, but there are areas where they don't fit perfectly, and I find myself thinking..., "geez, for the money, these should fit like a glove!" But with a little trimming with the knife they go on well. I think that they are worth the money, so long as they are included with say a Big Ed set, or with resin wheel replacements or something like that. Wheel masks are a different story, buy those every chance you can get. I hate brush painting tires, and I never successfully cut out my own masks.

IMG_20110622_081929.jpg

The gaps in the masking will be filled with liquid mask.

IMG_20110622_095616.jpg

IMG_20110622_111400.jpg

Manged to prime the HSSS "wings" with the leftover black I made for the tires.

IMG_20110622_111159.jpg

Tomorrow I should have the seams tidied up, the engines in place, and the cabin masked up and ready for primer coat on the body.

Outstanding workmanship and great updates. Epic thread is epic. 8)

At the risk of sounding foolish, why not simply put a piece of masking tape over those 'holes' in the masks?

Scott Girvan said:
What Ken said...

This is awesome!

about the quote.... (about taping the Gaps)... RUBBER mask is more expensive than.... Tamiya Tape !!! LOL

Now that all the major components are getting stitched together.... This is going be a sweet model...
all the work you put inside will get the Viewers even closer....

We want MORE Myke !!! MORE !!

Keep pushing the Envelope !!! you can do it !

Wow, You are really speeding up on this. Excellent work, outstanding level of details and of the attantion to them! Bravo!

ScaleModelMadman said:
Outstanding workmanship and great updates. Epic thread is epic. 8)

At the risk of sounding foolish, why not simply put a piece of masking tape over those 'holes' in the masks?

Thanks SMMM

I use the liquid mask because the gaps left over are basically on a bubble and it's just quicker to throw a glob of liquid mask on vs. cutting a bunch of tiny pieces of tape to cover an awkward surface area. The windshield isn't to big a deal because it's flat.

Thanks Scott, Norm and Solander!!!

Norm: It's coming buddy, it has to hahaha. 8 DAYS TO GO!!!!

So... what did I get done today? Feels like nowt!

The seams on this are some fo the worst i've ever had.

Note: If anyone is/plans on building this. Make sure to add some locating tabs all along the bottom. The is just nothing supporting it and it wants to suck up inside the body. I did NOT add the aforementioned tabs, and am thusly paying for it. I've even had the dremel out to grind down some of the worse parts!

IMG_20110623_120919.jpg

IMG_20110623_120923.jpg

IMG_20110623_120930.jpg

IMG_20110623_120936.jpg

IMG_20110623_120943.jpg

I'll be another hour at least finishing off these seams, and another adding all the detail back in.

No worries though. It's only time right??

I almost feel tempted to go add those TABS now.... What a bummer of a seam!

Keep up the Spirit! You are too close to drop the towel.... Keep it up!

And this is the part of the movie where you get angry at the director but not the actors - It's a real shame on the seam lines. I know you'll get them just right, I mean, look at what you've accomplished already! (Aw, what do I know, I haven't built a plastic model in ages - Wait, you've inspired me to go pick one up! ;))

Keep on keeping on Myke!

This is an Academy model right? The last academy model I worked on had some really nasty seams. I feel your pain. But you are working them like a pro. It doesn't look like they are slowing you down much at all!

Latest posts

Back