AH-60L DAP Blackhawk

Myke

Here is what is going to keep me smiling for the duration of the SMA Spring Contest.

I'm going to do a full build log with some video as well for those interested.

Off to work for now though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I have this kit also waiting somewhere in the stash so I will be looking forward to see you in action.
Cheers

HERE WE GO!

I have a feeling this is going to be a loooong build. Can't wait! There are so many sub-assemblies that it's like 20 projects in one.

Project Info:
Academy AH-60L DAP Blackhawk
Scale: 1/35
Parts: Approx 420
Photo Etch: Eduard Big Ed UH-60L (Interior, Dashboard, Masks, Exterior), MH-60L Interior [I think this add another 250 piecies to the model too]
Paints: Tamiya, Model Master, Vallejo

Academy AH-60L DAP Blackhawk Part 1

Wow, this copter is indeed HUGE!
I'm imagining how magnificent it should look with the main rotor attached.

In the last 48 hour I've managed to clean a lot of the molded details off in preparation for all the photo etch that is going in the cockpit..., and pretty much everywhere else on the model. I'll get another video up tomorrow explaining some of the things I've found on the kit but for the meantime here are some photos

I decided that there is to much nice detail in the PE set to NOT cut that door out. So off it came, and very neatly too. After the PE is on and such, I think it's going to look pretty sweet. I've heard there is a resin set out there for the door, but I think it's in the 1/48th scale.

Before:
Door_Before.jpg

Just look at these molded guidelines from the inside.
Door_Inside.jpg

After:
Door_After.jpg

Sanding Practice

This is the supplemental fuel bladder i was talking about in the video. There is some great photo etch for belts that attach it to the back however i'll have to make the rest of them out of some masking tape. I've done this before and the results are pretty cool.

Now to get these nasty straps off there.

FuelBladderBefore.jpg

FuelBladderAfter.jpg

I have a similar bird in my stash !!! and what a monster ! there is BIG and there is BIG !!!

I have no room to display it with the Rotors !!! and would look ODD without !

I wish there was a way to Fold them !!! like a Naval variant !!! but no !

Keep going cuz I will learn from this build for sure

Yea, this think is going to be huge with the blades attached. I'm not sure what I'm not sure where I'm going to put it myself. I do know that after the competition it is going in a diorama, so it will need even more room.

Latest posts

Back