1941 Chevy Pickup Lowrider

Man ....This is lookin Saaaaweeeet !!!!! ;D Just keeps gettin better an better !! very nice .

Chris.

Thanks everyone for the comments. Not much to update, spent the whole night trying to figure out where to put the weapons, and decided the seat was too big and any seat back would cover must of the detail from the back of the cab. So I decided to make a new seat with no back. Quaralane was saying its kinda like a show rod and that gave me the idea that if it is a show rod then a seat back wouldnt be important. That way all the detail should show thru. Some of the weapons will be on the doors and some hanging from the dashboard.
DSCN2250.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg

DSCN2251.jpg

Just keeps gettin` better and better each time i check in, absolutely love it!!!, what foam do you use if ya don`t mind me asking??, is it anything special or just normal foam etc!!

`Boots`

`Boots` said:
Just keeps gettin` better and better each time i check in, absolutely love it!!!, what foam do you use if ya don`t mind me asking??, is it anything special or just normal foam etc!!

`Boots`
Dont mind you asking at all. Its sign foam from Signfoam.com. Got a sample pack last year and just started to work with it. Real easy to use, can carve, engrave, scribe, glue and screw this stuff into the shape that you want. Awesome stuff.

Thanks buddy, it was the scribing work that you had done that made me ask, didn`t think that kind of thing could be done with conventional foam, i`ll have to maybe sneak some into the supplies box someday ;D

`Boots`

`Boots` said:
Thanks buddy, it was the scribing work that you had done that made me ask, didn`t think that kind of thing could be done with conventional foam, i`ll have to maybe sneak some into the supplies box someday ;D

`Boots`
try it i went to the site last night and they still have it where you can order a sample box. It is awesome for carving shapes into.

DSCN2268.jpg
making some barb wire to place on the vehicle somewhere. Also mocking up the steering wheel and dashboard. The steering column is coming out of a rat swarm from the reapers mini set. Now to just figure out how to sculpt some bones and I think im done.
DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg
DSCN2271.jpg

Thanks for the heads up on the foam buddy, i`ll check that out in a bit...............lovin` that dashboard, this is gonna be a little masterpiece when complete.....................just won`t know what to look at first tho..LOL ;D

`Boots`

`Boots` said:
Thanks for the heads up on the foam buddy, i`ll check that out in a bit...............lovin` that dashboard, this is gonna be a little masterpiece when complete.....................just won`t know what to look at first tho..LOL ;D

`Boots`
Yeah its the most detail i have ever put into a kit besides the amt snowspeeder that I have been working on. Hope to not get burn out like I always do on such a over detailed build like I always do. Being on the forum thou Im hoping to not burn out so everyone following this build will see it finished.

I am getting a love for gaming miniatures on this build just very exspensive. Went back to the store today and get these
03122_G.jpg

and found my bones so I wont have to sculpt them they look like these:
03537_w_1.jpg
they look a little under scale and they had to order them, but if it saves me from hours of trying to sculpt them im fine with that.

Now they look good...............they`re gonna look great on there buddy, this is car detailing at it`s best...........great job, look forward to the next instalement...............just too see what else ya found to add...LOL ;D

`Boots`

Yip ....lovin those ;D, what scale are the skeletons ?

Chris.

Chris S said:
Yip ....lovin those ;D, what scale are the skeletons ?

Chris.
They look smaller than 1/25th scale but i think they will look ok. There isnt any scale on the packages except most of these are from a 54mm series.

Just a little update. Got the bone packs and althought they are bones they seem to scale out to at least 1/35th scale. I put a femur by a 1/35th scale soldier and it looks kinda close. DSCN2452.jpg
DSCN2454.jpg
Added a little more to the dashboard as well, its going to have some axes on the dashboard. DSCN2458.jpgDSCN2455.jpg
I am now done with the metal stuff now, just added up the total and spent $56.00 , that added up fast before I realized what i bought on all the little metal things, I believe I can finally finish this thing, and its getting heavy from all of the little metal pieces. Next update probably will be in another week as its getting busy for me at work again. Going to concentrate on the pumps and batteries and getting the rear end fitted to the chassis. Also need to figure out what to do with the front axle.

Just lovin` all these additions fella.................yeah i bet she does weigh a little bit on the heavier side now..LOL, those dash axes are mint and a nice job fitting them as well!!, look forward to more of this when ya get back too bench time ;D

`Boots`

Latest posts

Back