1941 Chevy Pickup Lowrider

modelsinc1967

Been working on this for a few months. Kinda got a reaper theme going on right now. Suicide Doors for one.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thats very nice work buddy , whats your plans for finish ?

Chris.

Lookin dope bro, keep it up im likin were this is goin, Awesome kit to by the way. Have fun and will be lookin forward to this build.

mario

Thanks to all for the comments. as far as finish something candy and ghost patterns but was also thinking kinda like a grim reaper theme, hence the coffin shaped bed cover. Any ideas or suggestions very welcome.

How are you going to do the ghost patterns ? are you going to print them on clear decal paper ...or airbrush ?

Chris.

Chris S said:
How are you going to do the ghost patterns ? are you going to print them on clear decal paper ...or airbrush ?

Chris.
I haven't mastered the decal printing thing, have an old printer, I take tamiya tape and cut into shapes and lines. Like this Acura I am almost done with.

[attachment deleted by admin]

mariosmodelkits said:
Sounds like an airbrush job bro, the concept you have in mind sounds awesome lookin forward to it. 8)
Going to add some skull temp tattoos to.... I will be working on this tonight so should be able to post some progress pics by this evening or early morning. Going to work on adding more suspension details like the hydro layout and possibly add the door panel details, was thinking adding a coffin shaped design to the door panels as well, will have to see how that plays out with the overall size available on the panels between the tubes that hold the hinges....

13aceofspades13 said:
wacha putting under the hood?
Not too good on putting in other engines other than stock, had thought about putting in a small block chevy v8 but probably just the stock engine.

modelsinc1967 said:
13aceofspades13 said:
wacha putting under the hood?
Not too good on putting in other engines other than stock, had thought about putting in a small block chevy v8 but probably just the stock engine.
yea.. sometimes it can be difficult to modify a kit....

Still swamped at work however had a few hours last night to work on this little truck. I lent out my good camera so I had to take my pics outside with my back up camera as it does better outside by the garden.

IM009007.jpg
Started to work on the interior door panels.
IM009002.jpg

IM009004.jpg
Finally boxed in the bed coffin shaped bed cover.
IM009005.jpg
Someone on this or another forum gave me an idea to put all the hydros and pumps under the bed to make a cleaner install, so that is what I am going to do. Made some battery shelves for two batteries and the pumps will be behind the axle. All plumbed and wired and working on the hydro cylinders right now.
IM009006.jpg
and I am going to hinge the bed so that it will raise up and move to the rear so all this work is not hidden when it is finished. Kinda like a maintenance access to all the batteries, pumps and wiring.

Thats really nice paintwork on the Acura ...first class .
The bodywork for the truck is looking sweet too ,Im looking forward to seeing that lifting bed come together ,interested in how you do it ,might try it myself some time ....so Im waiting to steal ideas !!..lol

Looking great .

Chris.

Yeah buddy, liking this very much..............not come across the lifting bed so that`ll be interesting to follow, lovin` the coffin design on the bed itself.........great work

`Boots`

Latest posts

Back