'64 Chevy Nova - Resto Mod / Moebius

The quality of the plastic is the first, second, thing to hit me. Seems very dense like resin. Nice to the touch.

*Cont'd

I Googled a color from thin air. At the moment I'm still sans an airbrush. Too bad. I'm digging on the purple. Was there a "Chevy" purple/lavender in '64? How do I pick any one spray

View attachment 113772

View attachment 113775
Is Tamiya always acrylic? It's not clear on the label.

View attachment 113774

I know the cap does not tell the tale on color of finish, even in person. So I guess one has to take a guess. I'm not asking about any particular brand per se. Just looking for wisdom to educate my guess. Sadly I can't buy several to try out. Oh, then there's primer. Pink? I've heard pink is the new grey?

Dodge did a "Plum Crazy" a little later. That might look nice? Kinda sacrilegious though.

Rob.

Dodge did a "Plum Crazy" a little later. That might look nice? Kinda sacrilegious though.
Love it!

Screenshot 2024-03-01 102102.jpg

Sacreligious to Chevy? I won't tell if you don't. Speaking of which, I'm going to do a side-by-side test with these two...

20240301_102434.jpg

Black, white, grey, silver, what primer should I use?

I'll forgive you for using such a heathen color on a Chevy, but only because it's a model....lol

In all seriousness, I would use either a white or gray primer. It may help to brighten the purple some.

To see more of whether you want a lighter or darker finish, spray a stripe of your primer choices on a white background (White styrene works well) and paint it with your purple.

The real car was most certainly primed in gray.

Rob.

I'll forgive you for using such a heathen color on a Chevy, but only because it's a model....lol

In all seriousness, I would use either a white or gray primer. It may help to brighten the purple some.
I may save the purple for some other build. Right now I can't spray anything because it WON'T STOP RAINING!

Latest posts

Back