1941 Chevy Pickup Lowrider

Thanks for the replies guys, played around with lining up the audio stuff in the bed. This way it will make it cleaner looking than cutting holes in the plastic and having them face upwards.
DSCN1893.jpg
DSCN1892.jpg

Way to get down like james brown man 8) 8). The paint job on the acura is dope!!!!! Im also lookin forward to the pump and batt set up.

Very tidy ,are you putting a clear top on the coffin ?

Chris.

Yeah ,Thats what I was thinking ,a nice tinted piece of glass in there would look cool

Chris.

Gotta agree on that one.........the clear sheet would look wicked and ya gotta show the detail off for sure, excellent work bud.... :)

`Boots`

Not much done, but did get some work on the chassis, added the trays for the batteries, a brace for the hydro pumps, and decided to use the front suspension as not sure how I would adjust it custom like. May add some hydro cylinders to the front anyway to match the back.
IM009026.jpg
IM009027.jpg
IM009028.jpg

So the next installment should have the rear end installed and mocked up hydro cylinders, and start making a decision on how the interior will look like.

Nice work on the chassis ,looking good .
If you are going to use Hydro's you could do away with the leaf springs ,not sure if they would work in real life with the springs? but that would also let you drop the front end a bit !.

Chris.

Chris S said:
Nice work on the chassis ,looking good .
If you are going to use Hydro's you could do away with the leaf springs ,not sure if they would work in real life with the springs? but that would also let you drop the front end a bit !.

Chris.
Yeah I thought about how to make the front end dropped with out the leaf springs, however I couldnt come up with anything that would work very well. The rear is easier, guess I just got lazy and figured that it would only be dropped at the rear. Im gonna use a '64 chevy rear end with the trailing arms and attached the cylinders to the rear axle, they will have to come up thru the coffin shaped part of the bed for hieght, but can cut out that part of the bed to show the detail anyway.

There is a tutorial coming that I did, on a method of how to raise or lower leaf springs while adding detail. Not sure if it would help in this case with hydros but the front looks a little high to me once you get tires on. I could be wrong :-\

ScarredKustoms said:
There is a tutorial coming that I did, on a method of how to raise or lower leaf springs while adding detail. Not sure if it would help in this case with hydros but the front looks a little high to me once you get tires on. I could be wrong :-\
Cool where will you post the tutorial? Unless you build the leaf springs from brass, which I have seen done like 2 times its really hard to articulate them. I figured that after gluing the parts together I would just lower the rear end. Can't wait to see the tut thou.

Scott is holding it hostage ... lol :p He has been pretty busy with the influx of new content I'm sure it will be posted soon.

ScarredKustoms said:
Scott is holding it hostage ... lol :p He has been pretty busy with the influx of new content I'm sure it will be posted soon.
cool im always on the look out for new techs!!!

The chassis is looking good so far. I'm no expert on cars but it looks good to me.

I'm waiting for that tut, can always learn something new.

scratchmod

You got it right - big influx of content. Just trying to get it all online bit by bit. It's in the queue and well worth the wait guys.

Very cool 8), I like those ,...very sorta 70's ,in a good way ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back