1941 Chevy Pickup Lowrider

modelsinc1967 said:
2010-10-01133501-1-1.jpg
I wanted to model these, but wasn't sure how to go about it.

1) Those seats are Killa' !

2) I'm not a car builder, but I've seen this Flocking material out for cars. Can you use some of Th Red to simulate th Plushness of th seats ? Does it go on like static grass ?

Great Job !!

DSCN2025.jpg
DSCN2026.jpg
DSCN2028.jpg
A little more work...The door is recessed and boxed and the skull and cross bones will fit flush in opening, doesn't show from photos because tape was holding it out more. and to bring the seat up higher making a coffin shaped box that I will box in with coffin pleated foam and mirrored plastic edges. Also decided that two seats would be too big so just putting the one seat on top of the coffin. Kinda like cyclops.

This thing is going to be sick when it's done! Heck it's sick now ... Great attention to detail to sell the theme of the truck.

Excellent attention to detail, there is some real unusual and cool work going into this puppy, top building indeed......... ;D ;D ;D

`Boots`

Thanks everyone. Got some progress last night, working on installing the door panels, made the coffin shaped console for the 1 seat, and had an idea to take a resin skull, cut it in half and put them on the side of the bed to keep with the macabre theme.
DSCN2032.jpg
DSCN2029.jpg
DSCN2030.jpg
DSCN2031.jpg

Man that's looking sweet.
I'd love to get my hands on an old truck like that. Up here in New England they are usually completely rusted out :'(

scratchmod

WOW, man there's some great work going into this !!,gonna look real cool in paint . Where did you get the resin skulls ?...I like them ;D

Chris.

Thanks everyone for the comments. ScarredKustoms, not sure what company came from, got it about 10-15 years ago, bought about a dozen of them and now can not find any place producing them.

scratchmod said:
Was just checking the pics again. Man the "coffin" and seat cushion look sweet.
scratchmod
Thank you, my idea for most of the interior will be the button tufted look, theres a tut at this forum, http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39688
shows you how to use craft foam to make this=Merced20083529.jpg
that and some other goodies, trying to find or make scale items for the theme, headstones, axes, and various other cool looking things to add to the interior.

Didn't get much done last night on my weekly build night, I did make a scale sickle which Ill add pics tomorrow. I am at a stump in the build and Im gonna ask everyone that is following this build for some help. I need to figure out what else I could make, build or buy that would go with this build, such as what a grim reaper would use for weapons. I am stumped for the rest of the interior, was thinking behind the seat of building some head stones or something from a graveyard. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back