Wittmann's Last Ride

ER ,

Are you referring to entering it into th AMPS Nats ? If so then ... If you don't at least put a "Through th Hatch" Interior in it, it'll get Dinged by th Judges. Or ..... You could put Figures in th Hatches, but it would go in the Closed Top category if you do that . If th Hatches are open th Judges will look in & judge accordingly. If it's empty , they will take off for it.

The interior Hatch color will be th Base color of the Camo. So paint th interior of th Hatches in Dunkel on th inside .

ERIC ,

Thanx for th Kind words !! I'll bring it ot th Next AMPSCV meeeting ... as I'll have th weathering done by then ...

Still NoTrax ! But at least th rest of th Tiger will be finished !

IPMS rules applies, Erick... no AMPS here in this part of the world. If I put figs... it will be considered as a dio not an armor.

if I did the Zim it will be considered as a modified Armor Category.

ER,

Ah ... IPMS ... We have a show at th end of this month here in V.A. !

If you can swing th Verlinden Through th Hatch detail set ... grab it. it takes a lil' work but looks Cool ! Throw th kitchen sink in & Zimm that Puppy !! ;D .... or button it up &trick that Motha' out !

Either way Rock-It Brotha' !!

Hey Panzerace did you check rzm for the trax they should have them in stock and they ship them pretty quick to.

Panzerman75

Hey PANZERMAN ,

RZM was th 1st. place I called. They are oos on a few of Their sets & didn't exactly know when They'd re-up.

I still got My ear to th ground ! \m/

I've got a shorty update comin soon . I've added th FuG 5 & UKWe receiver in th Turret. ( it's Tight up in that turret ! ;D Still have some weathering left. Decals are on .. smooth as sink & really sunk into th Zim ! ;D

Hey Erik, Just checking to see if you ever found the track set you needed? Waiting on an uypdate to this fine looking build!

BIG JOHN ,

Yes ! At last I've found a set of Friullies. I've dunked them into th Track Burnishing Fluid from USCHI van der Rosten & will get My Wash on ! ;D I've also added th 007 decals that sat nicely into th Zimmerit & I've started washing & streaking th Tiger !! I'll post some pix very soon !! Thanx for keepin in touch .... sorry it's been a while , but Bench time seems to be at a premium ...I just wish I could get more of it !!

\m/

Pics Dude!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey Wings and Wheels Show is just around the corner for us...will be keeping an eye out fro the Olde Depot Track Swine for ya!!! I'll keep you on speed dial brotha'!! ;)

Hey Everybody ,

Thanx for th kind words & hangin in there while I got a set of Shoes for this Lady !! ;D

geegad said:
Pics I demand pics...!!!!!!!

IPityDaFool_small.jpg

" As You wish Sire "

"Well Alright.... " The Track situation has worked it's self out . I've ended up grabbin' a set of Friullies ( Thanx E.Raines !!) . They've been cleaned up & Dunked in USCHI van der Rosten's Track Burnishing Fluid ! I gotta say that They came out lookin' pretty Phat ! Awesome patina......

DSC08809.jpg
DSC08820.jpg
DSC08821.jpg
It got it's self down into all of th crevices of the track !! These Tracks are "Naked" ... This is fresh out of th Fluid, dried !! This stuff ROX ! It's not as abrasive as Blacken-It. In fact I did a side by side test !

DSC08825.jpg
DSC08824.jpg
The Blacken- It set. One thing that i noticed between th two, Uschi's stayed relatively clean, where th Blacken- It got really murky soon after th Dunk. Tons of sediment in there. If you look at it, The Blacken-It didn't even get down into th Trax. I prepared both sets th same way - I let them "Pickle" in a container of Distilled White Vinegar. Plus I didn't really like th patina that I got from th Blacken-It.

Now They're ready for a Wash !! ......

...Meanwhile back at th Shoppe .....

DSC08826.jpg
DSC08827.jpg
DSC08829.jpg
Here She sits. I've chipped, & partially weathered th Hulk ! Still need to add th Pioneer Tools, & I'll twist up some Tow Cables with copper & lead wire. Some of th Road gear still need a bit of weathering & th Stowage box need to get put on ..... The reason .. I've have a Last Minute Update !! Also while test fitting th Friullies I've had a few Fenders PoP off ..They'll get fixed up. Th Insignia decal is from th kit & went down over a Black background. Which is consistant with th research on th Kompany in Normandy.

DSC08828.jpg
DSC08833.jpg
Since th Escape Hatch will be open (as th idea is that They've paused to reload etc. ) You can see into th Turret where th additional FuG 5 & Uk.We receiver is located ( Since 007 came from th Factory as a Kommand Tiger , Turret M.G. was replaced with Radio set. Th FuG 5 is a resin one from a German CO. ( I've forgotten , as I've had that set for a number of years) The receiver came out of a Dragon Stug ( Panzer Shoppe Bone Yard) The Power cable is th insulation from Telephone wire & the connections from th 5 to th receiver are from .01"copper wire.

DSC08834.jpg
DSC08830.jpg
Every time I look at th Turret .. It's hard for Me to believe tat th Turret #'s are Kit supplied Decals ! From Carto-Graph, with a lil' Micro-Sol these Puppies sat right down into th Zimm ! The slant of th numbers is consistant with th numbering of th 101's Kommand Tigers. The Color denotes Company. Equally th Solid color on th Stowage Box is also consistent with 101's Kommand Tigers, again th White denotes Kompany.
DSC08838.jpg
DSC08839.jpg
The Box is from Verlinden's Tiger I detail set. I still need to Dip-In & paint th Crew Stowage that's in there.

DSC08837.jpg
The Periscopes got th usual treatment. Shot in AlClad transparent Green, Model Master Chrome avoiding th lenses, Vallejo Black .

DSC08836.jpg
It got a lil' sloppy on th Rear Deck. That was actually done with Vallejo's Games Sepia Ink ( Awesome Stuff) -Fuel Stains . Also added some General Wear & Tear.

DSC08835.jpg
I tried something new with regards to th streaking. .... I split 007 right down th middle , lengthwise. I used AK's Grime for Dk. Yellow Vehicles on th Right side & th Vallejo Games Sepia Ink on th left. Really Identical results. The only difference, AK's ability to play around with it ( as it's an Enamel it takes longer to dry, compared to th Ink, which dries in minutes ) which after doing so, I actually like th AK streaking grime better for something like this as It give Me time to mess around with it . Both dry to a semi-gloss ... (You just gotta really watch th Ink. Super dense & dries in literally minutes !! )

Why are you tracks not black? Mine went black before going rusty. And the grit that comes off is a lot isn't it!

I cut th Fluid 50/50 with some tap water & left them in th Fluid for about 10-12 minutes ( scrubbing them with a tooth brush) & then dunked them in water to neutralize th fluid. I think they came out with a nice patina ... Ready for th weathering !!

Th Blacken-It , I thought had a ton of Residue. USCHI's really didn't . It ended up very clean, & I stocked it in a container , after draining th sediment out of th Fluid to use on another set. USCHI's fluid turned a greenish black, while th Blacken-It turned a Muddy Rusty color with Tons of sediment.

ya thats what i done but i found it took a lot longer to than 10-15min, i will be doing it again because in teh end the tiger tracks turned out Awsome

I really Dig My trax as well !! You can also play around with how much you cut it with water. Maybe even try Distilled water as a control ... ??

All in all..... I think They'll really PoP as th weathering takes hold !

ock on Brotha'!!! Great stuff going on at the Shoppe!!!! Was curious about the tracks not going black, but you have it al under control!!! Gonna looks the nuggets when her legs get on!!!

Kick it!! ;)

Latest posts

Back