Wittmann's Last Ride

Looking good Erik!

As for the tracks...... Issue!

If you don't like the DS tracks.... Don't put them on! Why finnish up a Tank this way if the whole experience was a blast! It's kind of .... A let down!

Bronco, Academy, and Frujil and many others are making great tracks for your Kat.... So be patient!
And order a great set to finish this off with a Bang! Instead of a pop!

You have put too much time and energy on this project to settle for second place in your heart!

Giddy Up!

Toataly agree with Norm here im not a fan of them my self never liked Rubber tracks

Hey Erik, love the camo! sorry to hear about the tracks. I agree with Norm with getting another set individual tracks. But I'm the feeling you want to finish the big cat and I know their not the best but do you have any of Tamiya's individual track? Glad to see you back in action!

Hey Everybody,

TANKS for th kind words !!

SCHWEINHUND - Th only hang up right now about th Trax is that there is a short fall in th Panzer Shoppe budget. While I don't wanna sacrifice anything , at th same time, I wanna keep this project moving ahead. I might look into getting a set of th spare Trax that Modelkasten sells. I wonder if there's a difference ?
A friend of mine recently got th Bronco trax for his Panther & He actually didn't like them & he had a lot of them break on him, I dont' think he did any thing wrong, but it makes Me hesitant to try them. I'll save all of th pennies & see how it goes !! Thanx for th heads-up ! - Good pep-talk ! Thanx Buddy ! \m/

Worst case senario - If th DS trax don't work I can always cut them off. Well see how it pans out.

Thanx again Guys .... TRM - Indeed ! I'm back in th Styrene saddle AGAIN !!

Well worth the wait E. Glad to see the shop is open for bizness. Keep On Truckin Brudda!!!

Hey Erik,

Man this is looking killer man! I agree with every one else. I don’t care for the DS tracks, this is such a great build, and it deserves great tracks! From what I have read on the net, Model Kasten tracks are good, as well as a few other manufactures. Do some shopping around and save your pennies. Even if it means putting this one a side for a little while.

Keep Rockin

We Will Rock You (in Lego!!!!)

Hey Guys ,

Thanx for th kind words. I agree with ya on waiting ( patience is not a virtue of mine ;D ) But, I think I have found a solution to th Track dilema & can still use th ModelKasten Trax. They make a Spare Set with 24 lynx in it ( I need 20) plus I still have th track pins so .... I'll grab these when th $$ is right !!

http://www.rzm.com/models/mk/sk4.cfm

Plus I still have some work on th Tiger - th OVM tools , Tow cables ( these will be hand wound with .01 Copper Wire) and th weathering & decals !! So this project will not stall out !!

i ordered a set of Frulis for mine yesterday will be a first using them. i may try them ones you have on one of the other tigers, Glad you found a fix to your problem

Hi Erik
The camo looks great and the way you've done it is interesting to say the least. 8)
BTW e-mail sent

Glad to see you back
Tony lee

Hey SPUD ,

at th time when I was buying these trax I also had th Fruilies in hand & I like th idea of these. With th Fruilies you have to re-drill out all of th trax for th track pins , then dip it in some brand of Blacken-it. ( i've seen this from Uschi & th reviews look Cool. Not as abrasive as th traditional Blacken-it. The cool thing about this video - It's shot in real time so that you can see th Trax darken !! It seems like a Great product !!

- Uschi van der Rosten burnishing agent real time video tutorial - Great Tutorial

Plus one thing to note with th Fruilies - They carry a lot of weight & caution should be taken when it sits on th sprockets as it can make then tow out - so make sure that th Sprockets are fully cured ( glued on ) before you wanna attach th Trax. They are Good Trax. I have a few sets

I'm lookin' forward to seein this Tiger !!!

wow that really cool stuff ill need to order some of that. thanks panzer

ah sweet ill see if i can get it in the uk tough because AK shipping is nearly more pricy than buying the product. :)

yep 9 euro to ship it from spain bit pricy for the size of it

It looks fantastic, love the camo. AToo bad about the teracks, as you said be aware of open packages ;)

Hey Guys ,

Mr. T & WYOROY Thanx for th kind words ! Th track dilema may be a thing of th past. I've seen where ModelKasten tracks sells a Spare track st & from talkin to a couple of people, They are Identical & even come with track pins . .... I just gotta save up a lil scratch to get them !!

I'm Glad you Guys dig it !!

Latest posts

Back