Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

Thanks everyone, Im really having fun with this thing.

I had to get these nagging things corrected for the -20 block i'm doing.

P51D041.jpg
A little more painting to touch up warn spots but this is the side wall.
P51D042.jpg

Now I can sleep better. Whacha think??

Thank you gents, Gundamhead I'll be glad to send it to ya, maybe that will break my obsession.

Apologies, I had to remove the reference picture but if you're interested sign up at the the P51 Sig and you'll see more than you can handle.

With this I think I am done with the cockpit except some painting and hooking up the IFF radio. I have decals on the way in and I hope they get here shortly. In the meantime...there's a Spitfire calling my name. 8)

MP,

I gotta tell ya man. You're making me doubt all thee hoopla about this kit and how good it is. Not saying it has any faults but all the detail you're adding is over the top! Awesome work!

Thank you for the compliments, I'm humbled...

Jim there's nothing wrong with the kit, really. There are some things that are missing that Tamiya should have included, mostly the ignition wires.

The Cockpit would build up nice with the OOB parts but they really have the panels all jumbled up between variants. You have to do your homework to make sure you have the correct combination, if you're into that. Hey, if you built it strictly OOB it's going to be lightyears ahead of any competition.

Also need to remember I'm running this by some Mustang experts and they are pointing out minute details that most of us would overlook and say, close enough. Seriously, I doubt I'm going to get this much detail on anything else going forward, other than the antenna work.

ShutterAce said:
MP,

I gotta tell ya man. You're making me doubt all thee hoopla about this kit and how good it is. Not saying it has any faults but all the detail you're adding is over the top! Awesome work!

Hmm, that ain't fair to the kit or the guy building it. The kit is excellent. I wish I had one myself. He's just doing that much more to it. It should be something to respect or maybe admire, not a reason to not try.

Gundamhead said:
ShutterAce said:
MP,

Hmm, that ain't fair to the kit or the guy building it. The kit is excellent. I wish I had one myself. He's just doing that much more to it. It should be something to respect or maybe admire, not a reason to not try.

Huh? Well then it didn't come across correctly.

What I meant was that all the reviews make this sound like the perfect kit. In today's market that to me means ludicrous amounts of detail. Think Eduard Profi-pak type stuff. For me, if I'm going to drop a big chunk of dinero on a kit that is touted as the ultimate then that is what I expect, the ultimate kit.

Maybe the reviews are a bit embellished or I expect too much. Or both.

MP has an awesome eye and awesome skills. I in no way whatsoever meant anything but praise for him and his work on this build. If I came across any other way then I apologize.

Have at it MP. You da man! ;D

ShutterAce said:
Gundamhead said:
ShutterAce said:
MP,

Huh? Well then it didn't come across correctly.

What I meant was that all the reviews make this sound like the perfect kit. In today's market that to me means ludicrous amounts of detail. Think Eduard Profi-pak type stuff. For me, if I'm going to drop a big chunk of dinero on a kit that is touted as the ultimate then that is what I expect, the ultimate kit.

Maybe the reviews are a bit embellished or I expect too much. Or both.

MP has an awesome eye and awesome skills. I in no way whatsoever meant anything but praise for him and his work on this build. If I came across any other way then I apologize.

Have at it MP. You da man! ;D

No I took your comments totally as a positive. Like I said before the kit would build up very nicely OOB, it's like any kit really, it's up to the modeler to put that wow factor in it and I'm just trying to replicate what others have done.

Absolutely GREAT kit. I was at a model expo in my home town last weekend (probably saw some of you guys there) and managed to pick up this kit. I was told by many over the past few weeks that this kit was not available as yet in Australia but (to my surprise) one of the traders had managed to import 19 of them straight from Japan. Anyhow, I got one (and now I am broke) and it now it sits in the cupboard waiting for a rainy day. I wont be starting it until some time after the Group Build has ended. If you really love the P51 and you have the means to get one then I can guarantee you wont be disappointed.
cheers,
FW190
p.s. Does anyone know how to remove drool stains off cardboard boxes? ::) ;D

Latest posts

Back