Tamiya 1:32 Mustang

Well, two steps forward and one step back is still progress.

P51D113.jpg
Whatcha think, fixed?

P51D114.jpg
I'm redoing the antenna and the spine. Let you know how that goes. if it works OK, I'm done.

Like they say when your having fun you go all the way!!

nice recovery Mav

Thanks for the comments guys, growing tired of this one. Need to take a break.

OK, only thing left to do is the Nav lights on the wing tips and the pitot tube.

oh, yeah, those antenna.
P51D115.jpg

P51D116.jpg

P51D117.jpg
The stain down the side is Migs oil effects. Might be over stated, I can wipe it off and work again if need.

P51D118.jpg

P51D119.jpg

P51D120.jpg

Think what I'm going to do is wait till I get inspired for making those antenna. Or wait till Tamiya releases their version of the VLR Mustang. Or maybe an aftermarket offering.

She looks excellent buddy . Great recovery on the paint too ,it came out good . ....Love it :)

Chris.

Thanks guys, I've toned down the oil slick down the side and still haven't figured out how to do the antenna. My problem is i'm my own worse critic, all I see are the rough spots in the finish, it's far from what I would like to see. Maybe next NMF I'll be happy. 8)

Moon Puppy said:
Thanks guys, I've toned down the oil slick down the side and still haven't figured out how to do the antenna. My problem is i'm my own worse critic, all I see are the rough spots in the finish, it's far from what I would like to see. Maybe next NMF I'll be happy. 8)

you too huh? ;)

Aw shoot guys...Y'all are kind. thanks.

Actually picked up the kit again today. painted the nav lights for the wingtips. Will install them tomorrow and see if it's worth taking pictures of.

Thank you Myke, still a little closer to calling it done now. Nav lights are installed and started working on the redux of the antenna.

Used some Styrene square stock. Cut it down in the general shape, cut it in half and I had two. Then sanded to shape. Symmetry!!! Finally got Symmetry. Actually measured dimensions based on the specs of the ARA 8 Antenna set. It's pretty dang close and I wouldnt' freak out if some one got close to them with a caliper.

P51D121.jpg
P51D122.jpg
First coat of paint on it now and will pull the wood grain trick on it tomorrow.

That is looking really nice. Will be looking to this build for inspiration when building my Dragon and Tamiya 'Stangs.

Simulating various kinds of wood

It works, this is a bit tricky though.

8-3c0e1570a4.jpg

I haven't tried it with the "flame" grain you see here.

Sorry for the late reply, been very busy with the Southeastern US tour for work, been on the road for a good bit and took a while to get back in the swing of things.

Last two parts for the Mustang.

here's my best attempt at the wood grain. Symmetry alludes me at all turns but I think I'm close, I've since added a bit more wood grain along the length. We'll see how it turns out once the oils has cured.

P51D127.jpg

Latest posts

Back