Space shuttle with 747 transport: Completed!

Re: Space shuttle with 747 transport

Quaralane said:
@RocketSilo,
You might try a site that sells office supplies. Or, if possible, a local store.

ok thanks I found it ..I was searching for the wrong thing(dyno tape) ..it's called "DyMo Embossing Label"
that brings up tons of hits..I got some from Office Depot today

u

Ace: Wait for a bit, one of the future videos will show just how close up this camera can get. It has a pretty good range of zoom.

Quaralane: Thanks, it has been work, but scoring the panel lines means that the worst is over. I can tape and paint really soon.

Rocket: Glad you found that tape!!

This one looks like it's been a right pain in the rear end. :-X
Coming together nicely now though.

oh yea, youre doing good, keep up the good work XD

Coming along - funny I just bought some dental picks yesterday.

since school starts soon for me i have not been building anything, but next time i want to do scribing ill take that into account, dental picks... it actually sounds like a good idea, and you can get dental picks for farly cheep, i tried scribing a scrap peace of stirene from a sprue with my razor cutter tool, and it works a little but not much...

i could see why you have to be carful with that tool especially if your model has rased panel lines, and i know for a fact the Revell P-51D Mustang has raised panel lines, and many other airplanes do, but if you want to preserve your panel lines,or convert from raised panel lines to more realistic engraved panel lines you could use that too.

Light at the end of the space shuttle tunnel eh, Grendels? You're getting close now. Good update.

Wow - the 747 reminds me of the Airfix YF-22 kit. Nothing goes right, poor fit, joint problems.

well at least the 747 is going to end up in better condition than my YF-22 (its in landfill somewhere)

Keep going Grendels

Thanks guys, it has been a difficult build, but I have learned a lot from it. I am now much better at seam filling and it let me get my technique down for panel lines. So overall it has been a good experience. My future models will be much better for having built this one.

Looking good.
And you're right. With that much masking, you'll always have some leakage.

Quaralane said:
Looking good.
And you're right. With that much masking, you'll always have some leakage.

yep.... thats what happens.

I am trying something new with the 747, we will see if that technique improves my underspray. I will know sometime next week. I like to give the paint 48 hours to cure before I move on to the next coat.

Latest posts

Back