SMA MAGAZINE ANNOUNCEMENT

CTspeedshop said:
I bet Ken's tongue is sore. ;D

lol, self sealing envelopes. ;)

hundreds of them...

Jeeves said:
Any news on when the nook and other electronic versions might be ready?

I think it'll be a little while, several weeks would be my guess?

The whole digital realm is a convoluted mess. You actually have to have your product 'approved' first and even then, after paying for it, the lead time is insanely slow from acceptance to availability.

Just received a "[Scale Model Addict Magazine] Order Complete" email. Very exciting!

Since Ken is in MA and I'm a couple states away in VT, I'm guessing I might have my copy early next week.

;D Just ordered the mag...wanted the digital version but couldn't wait anymore!! May try to get combo subscription later...now, get chair and cooler and umbrella and wait by mailbox! Hey they do it for Black Friday sales...why not!!!?

Awesome Stuff Scott and Ken I really hope it is a Success. i will Order mine soon enough but most likely after Christmas

Great news.

Congrats on the first issue milestone Scott and Ken! I know I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of my copy. Any ETA on Canadian/International subscriptions.

Thanks guys. It's quite something to be holding the first Issue in my hand.

Canadian order have gone out...all orders actually. I would imagine around 10 days~ish to get to Edmonton.

And as Ken said....the digital version is a ton of paperwork, lol. I expect that to be available in January sometime. We don't have a date for sure. Apple has to approve it. Pocketmags has to do their thing...it's kinda nuts really, but it is what it is. Just know it's in due process.

Looking forward to seeing issue one hit my mailbox as well, very cool. Congrats guys! I can't begin to imagine how much work goes into producing a magazine. Good on ya'. ;)

Scott Girvan said:
And as Ken said....the digital version is a ton of paperwork, lol. I expect that to be available in January sometime. We don't have a date for sure. Apple has to approve it. Pocketmags has to do their thing...it's kinda nuts really, but it is what it is. Just know it's in due process.

Is there a separate process as well for nook?? I know pocketmags and nook is not compatible-- just curious if the process is the same...looking forward to it either way!

10 days~ish to Edmonton? And I'm another 500 miles west of there? Oh, the agony! Congrats to both of you for getting this mag up & running. And Scott, WOW!! A long long way from a funny little blurb on youtube.

Bullet21 said:
10 days~ish to Edmonton? And I'm another 500 miles west of there? Oh, the agony! Congrats to both of you for getting this mag up & running. And Scott, WOW!! A long long way from a funny little blurb on youtube.

;D With Canada Post you could be waiting another couple months or so; the single mail carrier who delivers all the mail out west has to walk that last 500 miles. ;D

JMac said:
Bullet21 said:

;D With Canada Post you could be waiting another couple months or so; the single mail carrier who delivers all the mail out west has to walk that last 500 miles. ;D

Nah, I think they ended up getting some of the 2012 military budget, and bought themselves a sled and a team of dogs.

I got my email too! ;D

I can picture myself kicking back on the couch with a fresh cup of tea, the fire going, snow blowing around outside, and one spiffy magazine tightly gripped in my hands! What a perfect way to kick-off the winter build season!

Erik

Just received the first issue out hereon the left coast as well today, two thumbs up! Love the layout and photo work, I know some have commented about liking the lack of ads, personally I like the ads, as they give (most times) links to new places for me to do window shopping :).

The only thing I thumbed through the pages hoping to find and didn't was some sort of "Readers Gallery". But that didn't detract in anyway from my enjoyment (so far of this magazine). Good work guys! Looks like the year subscription will be something to really look forward to every couple of months!

Still planning on the digital subscription as that just what I prefer, but since there will be a delay and this is the very first issue, I broke down a few days ago and bought the print copy....looking forward to a package from Massachusetts!

Subhuman1 said:
The only thing I thumbed through the pages hoping to find and didn't was some sort of "Readers Gallery".

Did you see Show and Tell, pages 52 to 55? ;)

Ken Abrams said:
Subhuman1 said:
The only thing I thumbed through the pages hoping to find and didn't was some sort of "Readers Gallery".

Did you see Show and Tell, pages 52 to 55? ;)

Well DUH! :-[ I was to busy admiring the A-7 on page 54, to even notice what section I was reading. My bad Wow talk about feel stupid ;D. .....so um...... move along.......nothing to see here....... ;D

Thanks Ken! ;) ,great magazine.

Dan

Latest posts

Back