Sioux Indian Bust

Chris, you are making incredible progress there! Amazing work so far!!! ;D

Ok so I will be brutally honest with you. I hate you .. I hate you ... I hate you...
Don't worry that's just envy talking thru me.
Fantastic job. I'm watching and waiting for more.
Cheers M8

CHRIS,

Yes !! Being Native - Cherokee ! I can tell ya that th Indians would use Deer , & Buffalo hide. When They make a "Shirt" out of it ... It's very Soft . Like Nue Buck -

DSC07242.jpg

DSC07249.jpg

Thanks fella's , I really appreciate all the great comments :)

Panzerace ,Thanks buddy for the info and the brilliant pics :), They show that there is either a variation in the colours of the hide ,or maybe they're dyed /bleached ,some look dark and some very pale ,but I dont think Im too far way :D... Thanks again fella ;)

Chris.

Hey Panzerace ,Thanks for the effort buddy ,I really appreciate it :), Thats a great link ,just went for a look and added to my favourites . Some excellent pictures ,I could spend hours looking through them ...and most likely will ;D.
Thanks again fella ;)

Chris.

This is simply painting at it`s best me `ol mate, absolutely first class...............interesting stuff that Erik mentioned about the different hides and such like............well thats something i`ve learnt today..LOL ;D

`Boots`

Thanks a lot guys ;D,
Started putting a bit of colour on now ,Im working on the center piece on his chest ,The colours are mostly blocked in and still need some tidying up and afew highlights ,probably put a thin pin wash on too .I think this is going to take some time ???

DSCF3066.jpg

Thanks for looking ,and the many great comments !

Chris.

Latest posts

Back