Sioux Indian Bust

Hi Biskup,sorry for the late reply buddy ,been a bit busy the past few days .

Here's how I do the eyes on larger figures/busts . and here's the same pic so you can see what Im taking about ,I'll do a proper SBS on another thread soon ,where i will show each stage .

DSCF2946.jpg

I start by painting the whole eye area including over the edges of the lids ,for this I use Red with a little black ...all colours are Vallejo Model colour which I shall call 'MC'
After that I paint in the eyeball with white tinted slightly with MC 912 Tan yellow ,painting up to the edges of the eyelids so as to leave a dark thin line around the eye .
I next placed the iris's, i wanted a hazel colour ,so for the base colour I mixed Panzer Aces 347 Splinter Blotches Brown which is a reddish brown with MC 818 Red leather .With the Iris placed I highlighted them with MC818 and a touch of white ,this is put on very thin like a glaze . After that the pupil is placed ,for this I dont use a brush ,but rather a toothpick ,sharpened to the desired size (test on paper) ,Once all is dry and because I want the eyes to look old ,I put a very very thin wash of red mixed with a tiny spot of black over the whole eye,I think it give a tired look.
I then put a spot of white on ...off center on the pupil (the light catch)Putting this of center helps make the eye look like its looking to one side . Finally a coat of clear will put some life into the eye. Then its careful painting of the skin colours up to the edge of the eye.

Hope that helps a bit ,but I will do a step by step soon.

Chris.

Thanks Haggistom :)

Biskup ...no problem buddy ,if I can help ,just ask ;) hope it made some sense to you !

Hi Rob ,thanks buddy .

Progress ,things are just moving a bit slow for me at the moment ,but that will change by next week ;D

This is after my 'first' sitting with the oils ,once dry I will work it further ,and detail some more .

DSCF3002.jpg
DSCF3001-1.jpg
DSCF3000.jpg

Dont worry about the hair colour ,it was just a wash to let me see the face colours better .

Thanks for lookin.

Chris,

Oooh thats good, dam good!!!, real nice job Chris (sorry.....Mr HP sir!!) ;D, done a super job with the first sitting matey, well impressed..............keep it rollin` bud

`Boots`

;D It`ll be FHM next ;D

((((lol)))) Thanks mucker ;D ;D.....I think !!! lol

Chris.

Stunning already Chris!!! Great work. Really looking forward to seeing the highlights!!! ;D

Thanks guys ,more up soon ,tho the end is a little away yet !!...lol ....All those beads I have to paint :eek:

Chris.

Thanks again fella's ;D

Nearly done with the face now ,few more bits to sort out tho' .

DSCF3017.jpg
DSCF3018.jpg
DSCF3016.jpg

Thanks for looking .

Chris.

Aaah there you are bro..................looks superb Chris it really does, the shadowing on the face looks perfect IMHO.... ;D

`Boots`

Thanks Boots me ole mucker ;)

Biskup ,Thanks you very much ,just a few bits Im not really happy with ,but I'll sort them out ,then crack on with the rest ;D

Chris.

Latest posts

Back