Ironman bust 1/10 Completed

EdE6688

Death for the corpse emperor!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

First pictures about my projects.

The bust:

Humbrol grey primer:

Masking off the would be gold parts cos it will be easier to paint gold on the primer than on the gloss red paint:

Red Humbrol gloss paint from the can(it was a realy old can...) and after it dried i already saw that it will be way too thick(especialy at the rivets on his chest) so a good stripping is in for mr Stark:

So after this stage i stripped him and started all over again and i reprimed him and will mask off his face again and this time i will paint it red with the AB so the paint wont be too thick again.Hope that new pics will come soon!

Quaralane

Reaction score
Re: Ironman bust 1/10

You might want to try doing him in all gold first, then do a transparent red for the red parts.
It worked really well on my old MKIII kit

Biskup

Reaction score

Looks great :) And a 100% better than the Knight Models one. Can you tell me who makes this one?

EdE6688

Reaction score

Small two man company makes these busts.They are here in my country and they are realy cheap stuff this is something like 15 or 20 euros.
I dont know if they still make the Ironman(i think it was a limited series) but they have some other nice figures and busts too.
Also you can write them an email and ask them about this bust maybe they still have some left or maybe they still have the casting form and they take comission for make special figures or painting them too.

Their website:
http://www.blackarmymodells.com/

EdE6688

Reaction score

Quaralane said:
You might want to try doing him in all gold first, then do a transparent red for the red parts.
It worked really well on my old MKIII kit
Good idea but i dont realy want any mettalic shine in the red parts only gloss red like somekind of an enameled armor.

Biskup

Reaction score

Ed - Thanks for the link. They have some cool stuff there.

EdE6688

Reaction score

Okay guys next update.

So here is Mr Stark after stripping re priming and remasking with an airbrushed ferrari red from vallejo

Base for the eyes and the gold parts

Base for the silver parts

Highlights for the gold and the silver parts and also tried some glow effect on the eyes and heart
ű

I think the only thing is to give him a nice gloss cote and some panel washes and i will call it done(soon pictures).Maybe at a later time i will strip again and repaint him just for fun :)!

EdE6688

Reaction score

After 3 coats of humbrol clear and some pin washes.I think i will call him done.Not realy much to paint on him.

strokemondeo

Reaction score

looking good there ,
I'd have loved to run LED's inside to light up the eye's n chest piece , that would look cool .

EdE6688

Reaction score

strokemondeo said:
looking good there ,
I'd have loved to run LED's inside to light up the eye's n chest piece , that would look cool .
I am not that good and didnt want to drill my limited edition stuff cos i surely would messed it up.But yes it would look cool to do some clear parts for the eyes and do some led light behind them :).

Latest posts