Show us your mancave(s)!

thanks for the kind words Neo, regarding the lighting ive gotten two 4ft strip lights at about head high which aren't casting any shadows onto the desk at all and i am going to put at least one adjustable light which i have in between them where the two pitches meet to side light each work area, if i need more ive spare switches and sockets, im gonna have to rename the place tho, 'the control tower' hummm thats a possibility, i mainly do aircraft after all :p. And thanks Ravhin, i to have been on a wheeled computer desk until now, buying a compressor put a halt to that, the only way is up literally lol.
Thanks again guys, hope fully the plastic addiction will resume shortly

That's cool! There is so much potential in your man cave.

How is the air flow? Could you make an intake fan if needed? Possibly an AC?

In the Sub Force, we say " The Conn", "Crows Nest","The Bridge"....I adore the setup and am quite jealous. I wish I could find countertops being discarded. I couldn't do it here in GA, I would bake alive up there !

Just got this set up, it has been a long time where I have had an area do do my hobbies in.
And this is my first post.
Hope you guys enjoy, All comments are welcome

[attachment deleted by admin]

Since I'm starting modeling again after 20 years absence, I have to start from scratch.

Today I cleaned and organized the only unfinished room in our house and made it my official model area.
The nice thing is I already had the desk, drawers, bench, lights etc.

The air compressor is in the mechanical room next door (which luckily is heavily insulated with dense recycled denim) so I drilled a small 3/4 hole and snaked the hose through.

7967525070_43ca5f7fc0_o.jpg

7967525736_f157c739fc_o.jpg

7967526424_075951c441_o.jpg

7967526924_32c85d1425_o.jpg

Great setup! Loks nice and spacious with good airflow....tons of room for displays too. Setting up a booth?

Thank you! It was designed to be a forth bedroom so it's well sized.

The taller Craftsman table will be used for painting so I set it up closer to the window. The frame design has the window opening outwards which makes it a little harder to get a vent to the outside and have the open window area sealed from insects and the colder winters months. I'm still trying the figure that one out.

Well, this is an unfinished mancave. I will be throwing up some shelving, but trying to get dimensions for Tamiya and Vallejo paints to make it custom. Hopefully by the end of the week it should be finished. Since it is unfinished I am up for any suggestions. This is out in my garage and I have free reign per the bosses permission.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ian said:
Thank you! It was designed to be a forth bedroom so it's well sized.

The taller Craftsman table will be used for painting so I set it up closer to the window. The frame design has the window opening outwards which makes it a little harder to get a vent to the outside and have the open window area sealed from insects and the colder winters months. I'm still trying the figure that one out.

You could try using 2" high density foam, just to the shape of the window, and then a hole cut into that for your vent to go through. If you make it snug it should stay put, give you some Rvalue and be easy to remove.

Ian:

Wish I could only consider myself Tidy ha ha lol. I'm OCD. I have plastic up over the rafters in my basement right now but when the money's available Ill be putting a ceiling over my work area because I HATE DUST. Nothing wrong with being neat and a clean freak man. I respect your work area but what I'm wondering is if that work area will be like that in a month when your finished ha ha.

More than likely no, but you gotta start somewhere.

My starter bunch of hobby supplies are whisking their way to me as we speak, but I hope to get a few sets of shelves up before they arrive.

Since I was waiting on shipments I decided to finish the space a little more.

Painted three walls with our off white interior house color "Accolade" and then did an accent wall with our left over front door color. Installed the closet doors (with the help of my Dad), then put up the shelves and installed the air regulator with moisture filter.

7994665978_9e3e0aae28_o.jpg
7994646598_d1eec520cb_o.jpg
7994641763_8bee6df608_o.jpg
7994642291_73832e1482_o.jpg
7994642731_216a511f3f_o.jpg
7994643725_cd8a817957_o.jpg
7994649480_cf9f8a442d_o.jpg

Get yourself a nice little airbrush stand for that set up. You'll thank me for the suggestion when you're in the middle of painting something and need to put the airbrush down for a minute. 8)

Latest posts

Back