Show us your mancave(s)!

very nice Neo Nice and Clean just how a good work space should be

Thanks guys

Actually its a constant fight to keep this clean but its worth it has i dont want to much dust going into my $$ Gaming/Work PC plus it makes it easier to have dust free paint job!

Im waiting on a Deplyment production F-14 poster to add on that wall cant wait

im still trying to perfect my spay booth thats in the closet and i must install on my desk everitime..

Cheers

Neo

rookie said:
Wow Spud thats an impressive set up.

John, congrats, I'd be worried if you made the bub sleep out there... ;)

Well here is mine, I'm not sure if "cave" is the correct term, more like corner...lol. My wife got sick of me using the dining room table so cleared out some space in the office. If you look closely you can see my meager stash :(

2012-08-19162842.jpg

If I look closely, I can see a Carlton on the table ;)

We will soon be listing our house for sale...meaning the 700+sq' mancave will soon be gone. I will be moving to another house, but no garage (buying within family and therfore know where we're moving)...

My new mancave is going to be 60% of an 8'x10' baby barn. Imagine that! Actual room will be 7'x6' - 42sq'.

But don't cry for me...argentina...I'm looking forward to it. Downsizing can be really good for the soul and forces you to organize and keep only what you need. The new space will be tiny, but I've done that before. I have designed it to be pretty much what I actually 'use' now, as far as bench, booth, photo space, storage etc... Plus, I do like building furniture and all that stuff.

I plan to document it all on video. I start packing the existing cave in about 5 minutes, after I hit POST. I'll be down to a 'kitchen table build' setup and keep some paint supplies unpacked...but the stash and excess is gonna either eBay or get boxed up...for a while.

Pray for me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

your packing it up even before having sold the house?

is it cuz you want to home stage your man cave ?

BTW my man cave is 8*10 and thats plenty space jsut sounds small!!

Hey Scott, good luck on your move.
Even a small 42 sqft baby barn is better than what I have.....my bedroom!

holy cow that going to be smaller than my room. good luck with teh new house Scott and i look forward to seeing you on camera again, :)

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Not totally packing, but purging junk and really cleaning up....just so when we list, and show it it will be decent.

Looks like scale vomit up there now.

well, whenever you decide to unload some kits....list em here first ;D Totally looking at beefing up my collection. Especially if there's some Star Wars kits and other goodies :)

Good luck with the move mate, I've just done it......well moved into the shed but it works and thats the main thing (still havnt sold the house though :'().

Ferris928 said:
'Downsizing' sounds too negative Scott, 'Streamlining' sounds more positive. ;)
Indeed! I like the sound of that...streamlining.

TBadger said:
well, whenever you decide to unload some kits....list em here first ;D Totally looking at beefing up my collection. Especially if there's some Star Wars kits and other goodies :)

Will do. I might sell off a bit of the stash.

merseajohn said:
Good luck with the move mate, I've just done it......well moved into the shed but it works and thats the main thing (still havnt sold the house though :'().

I hope it's insulated! That will be the first thing I do to my shed.

Scott Girvan said:
Ferris928 said:

;D I'll have to tell my wife that I'm "streamlining" our fridge stocks next time I grab a sandwich and beer. ;D

I just got done with the move thing. It does allow you to evaluate your stock and and to purge un-necessary tools.

JMac said:
Scott Girvan said:
Ferris928 said:

;D I'll have to tell my wife that I'm "streamlining" our fridge stocks next time I grab a sandwich and beer. ;D

Please. No corporate speak at home. It affects the paradigm of creative adventuring in the non work environment.

I keep upsizing my mancave! Hopefully I never have to downsize. Just recently salvaged these counter tops from an office that was being gutted. This picture was taken a little after the install. It's never going to be that clean again.

DSC04244.jpg

Hi all i know that i have been missing from these pages as of late, but the reasons for this will be soon apparent!
Having just recently gotten back into the sport of plastic manipulation i was still using the old hairy sticks for the application of paint and personality to my baby's, this has all changed with the arrival of my first AB and compressor, what also has changed is my ability to model in the comfy surrounds and company of my better half. So ive put a halt to the 1/72 scale and immersed myself in the 1/1 scale renovation of out small but adequate attic space, ive nearly finished it and am now just putting the final pieces into the construction phase before the tidying and final finishing of walls and decor, here is a selection of some of the journey from the beginning, in a house from the 1020's or so, the attic was filthy, dusty and spidery, hope you like my meager efforts to improve my conditions
DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_0744.jpg

the above is the beginning of the flooring, and ceiling slabbing with insulation underneath and behind

DSC_0742.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0740.jpg

this is the cutting of the access hole and the fitting of the drop down loft stairs, a simple enough process which gave me the ability to get my tools and supply's up with ease

DSC_0756.jpg

then i put a second layer of floor in with sound proofing foam underlay between them, the room is directly above my ladys sleeping quarters so this extra layer is not a wasted effort :)

Now to do the framing and building of the worktop and placement of the spray booth, the reason for this job after all !

DSC_0755.jpg

In the next few you can see the installation of some shelving along with the 3 double sockets and twin 4ft striplights, best to do the wiring early.

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0759.jpg

DSC_0763.jpg

DSC_0764.jpg

Ive also fitted in a flat pack storage cupboard and a computer desk which i dismantled and 'arranged' to fit :) as you
can see more clearly here.

DSC_0768.jpg

DSC_0765.jpg

After i was satisfied with i continued with the support and framing of the worktop, and the placement of the all important spray booth.

DSC_0766.jpg

DSC_0767.jpg

as you can see i put in some light carpet to further deaden the noise, all people must be kept happy eh???
To the left hand side in the next shot, beyond the chair on the lower shelf, is the booth location, i have to build it in situ as it wont be possible to fit it in there once its completed.

DSC_0766-2.jpg

The next series shows the booth in place, extractor fan ducted outside the building under the eaves and a halogen spotlight, the rear wall and the floor are both floating and perforated, the surrounds and fan exit have all been sealed with flexible filler and ive tested the draw with some wood smoke and am satisfied with its performance, i can always increase its power later but i shouldn't need to.

DSC_0770.jpg

DSC_0771.jpg

DSC_0772.jpg

DSC_0774.jpg

DSC_0773.jpg

There will be some more shots soon as ive done some more work but the general disarray of the place stopped me from doing so, the counter top will be fitted within days and finishing the walls shelving also, some painting, trimming, tidying and im playing with the idea of some tiling as ive got a surplus from our kitchen around, well ill see as i go.
Ill keep you posted guys, hope you can see my vision :)

Looks cool

but we shall call this you Man Perch !!! Since a cave on top dosent really work :S !!

All jokes appart make sure you install yourself plenty of lights with different angles(take advantage of that angled ceiling) its better thant having strait down lights since your body blocks it when working!

Cheers

Neo

That's a seriously cool man cave (or perch :p) . All I have is a tiny desk where I can fit two A4 cutting mats and that's it :(

Latest posts

Back