Scott's Speeder Bike

Thanks guys!

OK. Tonight I touched up airbrush over spray, hand painted some details and then a coat of Satin Varnish.

Since then I have been working on the first dot filter. I used oils (Bunt Umber & Raw Sienna) and put many dots on the brown areas. Then I more or less flooded with AK Thinner...well not flooded, but alot. I'd dry this under the hair dryer and then use a damp brush to pull off visible oil etc...

I say all that to say that I'm not 100% satisfied. Mainly because of the tide marks that I can't seem to get rid of.

Any suggestions?

This is a reference pic I'm working from:
3934.jpg

Here's my progess:
3935.jpg

3936.jpg

3937.jpg

3938.jpg

Thanks!

I don't know Scott!!!!! This still looks spot on. Maybe its the lighting or the picture but it is not that noticeable. Looking great just the same!!! ;D

I like the paint job but fail to grasp your TIDE line you are refereeing to! .???

Is that the weird oval shadow on the font cowling? What is that anyway?

Yeah, the tide mark is the demarcation left by the thinner...that odd oval on the front.

Actually, it's been over an hour and they are evaporating...it's all good.

Thanks - this is simply the first step. I really want to take my time with this and build up as many layers as we see in that reference photo.

Ahh man does that look nice (there should be a drool emotion icon lol). The paint is lovely, and the start to the weathering looks great. I very rarely use oils, but you may have convinced me to give them another try on my BR.

Glad the issue went away on its own !!!

I really like the color modulations.... your OILS did....

I'll have to Up my Game... !!! LOL

Scott, this is some sick work, I like how the grunge feathers into the surrounding paint. You are really starting to own this stuff. Your weathering technique is really starting to exude a deeper sophistication than previous stuff, it's very obvious to me that you 'get it' now. You've reached that place where many modelers get comfortable and you've pushed through and beyond it and have begun creating true artwork.

This is epicness in it's infancy, there is nothing is holding you back any longer. It's truly inspiring to watch your skills grow so fast. Coolness squared my friend, congrats.

Jack and Chrissy say hi.

Regards from Chi-town

K~

^^ totally agree with Ken here your skills have Come to light in recent builds.

And this is looking Killer

Thanks guys...that's really kind ~ and motivational. I'm just trying to finish, lol.

Believe me, if this is looking good I have many behind the camera that got botched...

Ken Abrams said:
Jack and Chrissy say hi.

Have fun Janet!

Tremendous Scott, looks fab! You've got all these excellent modellers posting above me, well take it from a noob like me, you've improved noticeably since I joined this site a year ago.

Inspires me to do the same. :)

Thanks Igard...that's nice of you to say.

We're all somewhere between 'trying something out' and "that's looks OK.." - I say that from a 'inner thought about ones work' point of view.

This is odd.

So I added another filter at noon. After some chores tonight I sit down at the bench and add a Satin coat...thinking I'll seal in noon's work and add a 3rd layer.

The satin coat completely eliminated noon's work...like you can't see none of it. I had a couple neat little spots too...

Could I be I simply sprayed too thick of a coat?

//Mildly frustrated...

is it dry? or is it wet being wet may hide it, then again if not its strange

Dry...the satin or the oil?

That satin dried. but since the oil was added a noon I wouldn't think that would have been completely dry...or even close.

Man, I don't know if I'm the type to wait 3 days between layers...

im the same as you scott i couldnt wait that long, but i wouldnt think the oil would have been dry, I think Ken or chris may have the answer to this one

Looking good.Wish I had a air brush and not a cheap testor spray gun.I just started final assembly and painting on mine. what mix did you use on the body?I am going to try tamiya flat earth and some white.

:eek:
Yeah, Scott,
it's looking great! The paint has great depth to it.
Looking forward to seeing her complete!

Latest posts

Back