Scott's Speeder Bike

Re: Hoth Speeder Bike

I don't get it.
only build military aircraft and WW II armor, so I have a couple of questions:

What's a wampa??
And, where can I get that orange thing you wear in your head?

Aeroteto said:
What's a wampa??

A Wampa is a large, Yeti-like creature native to the Planet Hoth. It featured in the 2nd Star Wars movie (episode VI), The Empire Strikes Back.

Scott, I daresay that Yeti... er.. Wampa, will be quite a challenge to scratch. Are you thinking of using real fibres to create the fur, or are you going to sculpt it?

And, where can I get that orange thing you wear in your head?

I got mine from the shop, but I can't find the link anymore. Perhaps it's on Scott's to-do list after the site revamp. :)

Igard said:
A Wampa is a large, Yeti-like creature native to the Planet Hoth. It featured in the 2nd Star Wars movie (episode VI), The Empire Strikes Back.

thanks Igard !
I googled and that's clear now.
I saw that movie when young and never see it again, so I don't remember things like that.
The shop is Elm City, right?

cheers!

Wait a minute. Stop everything! I made a massive massive error.

Empire was episode V. Not VI. ;D

No, the shop was right here on SMA. There used to be a link to it at the top of the page next to HOME, FORUM, LOGOUT etc.

I really don't want to hijack this tread, but SMA is a shop too?
I simply can`t find where to shop here. PM for the links please. TIA

Hey, Scott!
First of all, nice atemt at "flying over the radar": at least with mine one. Thought it was someone trying to differ with using a variation of your own name ;D
Anyway, I think that the idea with the dio is awesome, and here is what I can recommend You for the wampa: there was a contest on phoxim.de once, where a guy made a wampa for a dio cool dio http://phoxim.de/contest2010/dead_snow_dio04/dead_snow_dio04.html
He whent a quite realistic way - sculpted what can be called the "naked" wampa, and then added fur. Seems to be not too difficult by his wip, however I don't know, if that can be used for a bigger wampa in-scale with the bike.
Anyway, here is his wip with the detailed process of wampa creation:
http://phoxim.de/wolfgang_herma_wampabau/wolfgang_herma_wampabau.html

merseajohn - excellent movie clip .... i'm still laughing
let see if George Lucas wants to add that version to his next release of Empire Strikes Back .....

The SHOP will be back online soon. Just T-shirts and stuff. Thanks Aeroteto. THe old version is still online here: http://txp.scalemodeladdict.com/shop/

The WAMPA. I'm thinking sculpted fur.

I was reading that thread yesterday Sol. Amazing work isn't it? Very impressive. Thanks for linking it here.

I want to build a quick armature and see if this would even work. I think it could be cool...but also alot of work.

Yes, incredibly creative and skillfull work - I've enjoyed it extremely when I've found it.
Will be around for your next update and the first pics of the firs pics of wampa prototypes ;)

Good Luck with your speeder bike, Scott. Looking forward to see the Whampa fly :)

Hey Scott maybe you could pick up a scale dinosaur and alter that with sculpting and fur etc. Just thinking of the top of my head that could be a good base to start with.

adampolo13 said:
Hey Scott maybe you could pick up a scale dinosaur and alter that with sculpting and fur etc. Just thinking of the top of my head that could be a good base to start with.

That polar bear kit I used last year would be easy to modify..... And I think the arms would look just right.

Ever have an idea...and while setting it up in your mind it 'looks' great. Then when it comes time for practical application it isn't so cool?

Case in point: WAMPA. LOL.

I made a super quick armature, standing at 9.5" tall (scales to 8 3/4'). Tried to give him a 'swinging baseball bat' position - just to see this outside my head.

I don't like it.

3879.jpg

Sure, it's a pile of work, another massive project...but even if that wasn't a factor I just don't really dig it. Almost silly...

A Snow Trooper, kicking butt riding a bike, would be cooler I think. Just making the snow trooper will be challenge enough.

Maybe repositioning it in the way that he would be grabbing back of the speeder as it was flying away or just pulling the scout off it while he was passing by?
Cheers
Lukasz

Scott, I honestly think your armature is really awesome. If you are into the idea than you should just go for it! The idea is solid. Thats all it really takes right, a solid idea? Would love to see your sculpt of a wampa. DO IT!!!

This is a cool concept, Scott, and a really funny one ;D
However, I'll be honest with You.
I can fully understand your concerms. That would be maybe a bit too much in putting so many efforts like a complete conversion of scout trooper, lots of modifications to the by e.t.c. and then placing them in a completely unserious diorama.
How I see this maybe can look is a wampa jumping out from the pile of snow in which it has been hiding up onto the bike passing by. The scout does take an evacive maneuver (c'mon, these guys can navigate around the trees of Endor - they do have an unhuman reaction!) but it's yet impossible to say, if he would avoid the claws of the beast.
But, again, all this is IMHO.
Don't want to interfeer with the demiurg's creativity! :)

I can understand your concern also. It would be alot of work for something that would be a comical diorama.

Would love to see you build a Wampa, Scott. Hope you can figure somethign out, but a 'Snowtrooper kicking butt' scene would be awesome in of itself. :)

Scott, I really like the idea of having a Wampa in the dio. Maybe there is a way to include it without having it attack the speeder. Maybe the speeder could be in a sharp 90 degree banking turn after just shooting the wampa?

Loving all the ideas here!

Latest posts

Back