Scott's Speeder Bike

Re: Hoth Speeder Bike

Thanks for the feedback. Not interested at all in a comedy diorama. Not at all. After that mockup, well this looks to much like a 'funny' thing to me. Not my thing.

I'm going to stick with a snowtrooper on the bike. That will be work enough...and I want to build 2 for this contest.

I think you're right Scott, the Snowtrooper(s) on a Speederbike(s) would be cool enough to see, will you be disguising how it is supported?

J

I'd like to find a creative way to support it...haven't really given that any amount of thought yet.

Looking forward to seeing how you bring it together, Scott

Hey Scott, any progress on the bike? Now that your done with that amazing Dio I am keeping an eye on this build.

Sorry to through a curve ball but how about the rider standing next to the bike with his left hand next to his head as if he is communicating with someone, while the other hands resting on the bike (giving the illusion of it floating, think steel rod through his arm/ hand etc). All debri around him, black sludge and dirt, he's just telling one of his comrads what direction some rebels have just fled?

Hey guys. Started assembling the bike and working on seams last night. Should have some pics later tonight.

Honestly, still a bit undecided about the figure. Either Hoth or Endor...not sure. I have several of these kits (5) and plan to make Endor, Hoth, Shadow Scout etc...

I like your idea MJ. I was also thinking perhaps a Scout with lots of stowage...standing with helmet off...leaning against bike...not sure.

I"m gonna cut up that figure, add wire at the joints. Considering maybe making masters of the armor and vacforming too. We'll see.

Nothing too earth shattering...lol. Here's where I'm at.

3925.jpg

Awe yes, the speeder bike. Always a crowd pleaser! Interested to see where you go with this one Scott. Good luck with it!

Really looking forward to see what you end up doing
Cause they all sound great to me

LOL...the chase is a fav too!!! Small progress is still progress in itself!! Keep the fire lit Scott!!

Made good progress tonight, but no pics...kids have friends over and they're monopolizing the computers.

The bike is ready for primer. Pics tomorrow. I might paint the bike and then deal with the figure. Decided that this one will be the classic scout. Gotta do that at least once before I venture into variations.

Nice going on the Bike Scott! Keep the good work coming!

Glad to hear you will start with the Classic Scout first! I still have 6 or 7 kits in my Stash
That needs to be made.... Into Unique theme or stance.... I really like your idea of Vaccuforming the Armor! Even if that's for the later variations.... That should be pretty cool to watch coming together!

See ya!

Thanks Norm, and thanks for all of your help with this project.

Here's progress so far:

The kit is assembled and primered, with the exception of the fenders and foot 'pads'. I want to paint the undercarriage before attaching the fenders, and the footpads will need to site under the rider's feet. Also the front fork assembly isn't attached yet.

Here's an overview - primer is Vallejo German Panzer Grey
3926.jpg

As for 'tweaking', here's what I've done;

Added a brass collar to the rear of the round intake, drilled out the rivet detail around the round intake and did my best to eliminate the seams on the body and rescribe the panel.
3927.jpg

I hinged the rear flaps and added rivot detail to the top of the hinge (not pictured) using rivet s from a 1/35 tank wheel.
3928.jpg

I opened all of the slots in the controls & adding a blank underneath - so you don't see right through, but there's a 'dust cover' like my car's shifter. This just adds depth to that detail, and a good place for dust to accumulate.
3929.jpg

On the rear stowage area I added 4 plates, rivets again and paperclip U tie downs. There will be stowage and straps added later.
3930.jpg

Finally, I replaced the throttle cable with guitar string, and replaced the handles with cable from a car's remote mirror. The ends of the handles are from guitar strings as well (the anchor on the end)
3931.jpg

Not pictured are 4mm springs that will replace all the kit hoses. I also thinned the thickness of all 4 front steering vanes and replaced the kit's gun barrel with rod and tube.

Time for this to get a good night's cure. Base coat starts tomorrow....and then there's that figure to deal with ....

3932.jpg

That is great!
I really love all the fine detail work you're putting into it.
This will be awesome... ;D

Primer looks great Scott!! All the little details are paying off!! Keep it going!!

Latest posts

Back