Scott's Speeder Bike

Scott Girvan said:
Dry...the satin or the oil?

That satin dried. but since the oil was added a noon I wouldn't think that would have been completely dry...or even close.

Man, I don't know if I'm the type to wait 3 days between layers...
That's exactly why I'm put off by using oils. They have such great results but I'm the most impatient bloke in the world, that's why I love the AK products, quick drying instant results.

THanks guys. Yeah, loosing that oil work sucked. I have one layer of AK stuff...but need to add more.

DERANGEDWOOKIEE said:
What mix did you use on the body?

I used Tamiya Red Brown XF-64 with a touch of Tamiya Buff XF-39. Mix was around 90/10-ish.

You've done it once, you can do it again... basically you've reached what you had in mind... LAYERS ! I feel your frustration.... for seeing all that hard work... FADE away.

But that's what happens.... some times.

Chin up ! Soldier on ! Work on the figure while you get the "will" to fix that up !

Take care and have a great Week End !

Hey Scott, one of the things I'm looking into right now is a food dehydrator. I've seen a bunch of people (videos on youtube from Japan) using them as curing booths. I'm not too sure how it would work with oils but I have heard they work wonders with acrylics and enamals. I mean like crazy, you can get 100% curring in a few hours which can normally take days...

Thanks for the comments. NO worries on slowing down on this one...

Tonight I've been kinda bouncing around a bit. First - a flat coat then some post shading with the airbrush...then some AK Dust FX, sponge chipping, washes, AK grime...some pencil.

The AK Dust still needs to be feathered a bit but I'll leave it overnight and touch things up tomorrow sometime.

In the meantime some pics.

3939.jpg

3940.jpg

3941.jpg

3942.jpg

3943.jpg

3944.jpg

I think... I think I now have no chance. :eek: lol that looks like its ready to be hopped on and taken for a joy ride. to give some ewoks buzz cuts. master grade paint job.

Best speeder bike ever.
comicbookguy.gif

Love the dust, just like the studio model. You've nailed it. Perfect.

;D I bow to you my friend !!! that looks fantastic !!!

Now... what can you PULL out of your Hat... Figure wise? I am holding on to my Chair...Cuz....

It's bound to be Epic !!! if you pull all the Tricks in your hat... on Mr. Scout Trooper here... I can't rival that paint quality on my own bikes... so I better Retire my Moulds...

I might have to sell all my kits too...

LOL

in all seriousness... Nice going Man!!! I truly love it !
puts my stuff to shame !
8)

Thanks guys.

Still having issues with Micro Flat. With each layer of weathering I"m adding a layer of flat and it continues to mute the weathering...even using AK products. It's not completely causing the weathering to disappear but really muting it.

Not sure if it's the brand of flat or what...I'll try Vallejo flat the next go round and see what results.

:p Clear coats have a tendency to mute the appearance Scott! You are right in wanting to try another brand and see if it helps. What one were you using? Every chance I get to break away from using a clear coat in between, I do, but that is me. Think you may have better luck with the Vallejo!! Good luck!!

I can only agree with evryone elses comments, you've really nailed this with the weathering Scott.

Looks more realistic than the real thing, awesome!

Latest posts

Back