[WIP] Endore Bunker Biker Scout Scene

schweinhund227

Hello all ! as previously mentioned !

I will give this Endor Bunker Scene a try ! 4 Biker Scouts Oblivious to what's about to go down !

The Bunker Doors will only be a back drop ! Nothing Major.... it would end up being too big !
and I want the whole scene to be viewable from all sides... I guess most of the magic might be done with Photo-Shop for the beauty shots...
The accent will be given on the Scouts and maybe a few Speeder Bikes in the Foreground ! to give the whole scene some Depth !

I chose to work on the Scout on the far left ! in this picture...
vlcsnap-2010-08-08-11h40m15s72.png

as his stance was very generic ! easy to duplicate ! he will also serve as my Clone! I will only have to cut and Pose the castings for the remainders; giving each their own identities...as I work on them.

I only used Old Casting reject parts... to set up this Blank Clone !!! I slapped the whole thing together using AVES putty for the guts and brass pins for the joints. The overall Feel for a Standing Scout ! is almost there. I wasn't aiming at making him Perfect... but Just to Gauge the relative Shape and the limbs lengths! I'm Trying to keep him in the same Scale as the others...I did before... 1/8th to 1/10th and still in Scale with the Bike ! which many say it's between 1/9th and 1/11th
DSC079772.jpg

DSC07974_resize.jpg

The Bikers "Clenched Wrists" are no longer relevant, so New Hands must be made !!!
DSC07979.jpg

Same technique as used one the Relaxing Scout Trooper... Guitar strings... to support the AVES putty !
DSC07982_resize.jpg

The nice thing after this is done... I might have a Scout that will able to stand next to a BUILT Speeder !
DSC07984_resize.jpg

Keep posted !!!

Norm.

out !

mmmmeeeooowwseeeee! Very nice indeed!

So it's gona be "just" the 4 scouts and the back drop door?

/Markus

So Far... ! I don't really want them to stand in an Alcove !!! I don't really want this project to
turn into a Shadow Box and only viewable from One Angle! But that could yield a nice way to Hang it on the wall ? As long as the guys "kinda match" the scene I picked ! if you take every frame in that scene, I can even have them Running and jumping on their bikes in mid air ! which was going to be another one of my Hovering project !! so... Time will tell !

I mentioned earlier that I could put in the foreground a few Speeder-bikes hovering but.... that's pushing it ! but like I said ! if I modify the Time Stamp in that scene ! the Bikes will definitely need to be included ! so... I am not set in concrete !!! The Bunker Entrance will need to be made but to a certain extent.... or I'll never finish this...

I sanded and shaped the Stomach and legs (AVES putty) last night.... and started giving the torso its shape ! and worked on the left arm and hand... it was too big so I cut the fingers... One by one !!! LOL and will be adding some AVES putty and shaping it later today... I need to Boost the Front Chest Armor at the Ribs...it sits too shallow ! only a few millimeters will give it some HUMFF ! will show you later..

Thanks for the support guys! I hope this project will yield an interesting set of characters...

Helmet looks a bit too big compared to the body, but maybe once he's fully dressed it'll pass.

Otherwise, love the project ^^

Jingles said:
Looking good, although you might want to correct the date and time settings on your camera... ;)

Jingles.

And why would I need to do that? I posted the pictures 2 weeks after I initially took them?

I haven't touch that project since! ???

Anyhow! The timer is just fine!

Just noticed: that's a good start for the bunker door behind your figure... ah no, that's your spraybooth's fan. ;)

Its in pile! I want to go back to it! But I fail to gather the will to do so!

I have that huge FAUN to finish plus that Scout! Maybe I chewed more than I could handle?
time will tell!

Don't leave us hanging! I know it's been a while since I participated here regularly, but I'm back, and I hope to see some new works. I have a few of my own that I hope to share soon. This is inspiring, keep us posted.

I'm not good with time line! I really want to make a standing Scout! So to place near a floating Speeder Bike or a Bunker doorway! But I have undertaken so many projects that I have little time to work on him! I will get back to it but I must clear my Slate first! Plus I'm slowly fixing my Old moulds
To pull much needed copies out!

Take care till then and welcome back!

I hear you! I'm trying to cast some 1:72 droids and right now I AM VERY FRUSTRATED!!!!! Mold should have been 2 part and the resin ratio is now wrong and soft! ARGHHHH!

Having quit smoking (again) 10 days ago isn't helping either. LOL.

Thanks for the support people!

I did make the hand by applying AVS putty over the guitar string fingers... Not as easy! As I remembered it! But anyway! Once dried, I used small files and a new No11 blade to shape and wasn't satisfied! So I took the same hand from a Jango Fett figure I have in 1/8 scale and they were identical,

So! I didn't feel as bad with mine! A little more cleaning and a little shaping and I will be in good hands!
Pardon the punt!

Since I want to be able to Cast this guy and be able to cut him up and pose him (or them!). All four of them, I need to make sure the areas I will be cutting won't necessitate too much putty to hide the seems! I want this project to fun! But I haven't found it yet!

So! I need to simplify the figure joints and add as much details now! To save me time later on!

like Armor pad" Arm straps" and armor Gaffer Tape on the shoulders and ribs...area. Little details I use to add after my castings were done! Big mistake!

The boot blaster "holster" is my other Nemesis, I think I got it this time but only a new Mould will tell.
This thing is so thin the resin doesn't have enough gutt to stay in the cavity, Really hard to cast copies!

Which is one of the reasons why I never produced the kit. But if this guy turns out good copies for my Dio? I might let a few escape ?

Take care and see you later!

Norm.

Nice that you are moving forward on this one Norm. I was showing some of your other scout builds to one of the guys at work today (he's a Star Wars guy), and I wish I could have taken a picture of his face when he saw the scout you built leaning against the speeder bike - totally blew him away. :)

When you guys take on the cutting, re-posing, filling, and sculpting a figure I think it's pretty cool - I'm not there yet.
Good work, I'm sure you'll tackle the casting issues.

Latest posts

Back