Rusty M4 half track

Just wild man. I've been away from the computer for a bit and missed this. Rob - so good man. You could write a book ;)

WoW !! Rock it Man ...Rock it !! Lookin' Awesome !! I can almost smell th Damp rust from here !

Great Stuff !!!

Thanks Scott and Erik.
Scott...nice of you to post a comment from vacation land.

Erik, there's nothing like the smell of damp rust in the morning. ;D ;D

scratchmod

OK here are a couple of pics of the wheels and the start of the dash board.More will be done to both, the wash on the wheels have to dry/cure before adding more weathering. The wheels will most likely be getting some of the green stuff growing on them.

wheels001.jpg

wheels002.jpg

I still have to rust the rims a bit, this was just the chipping stage. Note the diff between the HS chipping on the wheels and the sponge/brush chipping. I think the HS chipping is much more realistic and has more dimension or texture to it.

scratchmod

I've done a bit more work on the motor using the ref pics I have. I want to make this HT look like she's been sitting for a very long time with moss and other green things growing on it. Besides using my normal rusting tech I started applying some AK Interactive slime green.
Here's one of the ref pics I'm using.

DSC04180.jpg

Now for the model. Note that the weathering and green is not completely dry, slight shine to it. It will look diff when dry.

motor001.jpg

motor002.jpg

scratchmod

Rob,

Truely art work! She is coming together nicely. The coloering around the motor is outstanding.......I'm just waiting to see more! ;D

Thanks T.
If I can get some paint and chipping on the body I might take it to the show on Sunday.

scratchmod

with a guy who loves the smell of rust in the morning, am sure you could finish this masterpiece!! cheers!!

Wish i could get too see it in person bro..................have a helluva job explaining to the missus where i was going tho, especially from good `ol blighty.............and i`d probably need a superfast jet..LOL, the dash and wheels look superb buddy, ya right about the HS tho but the dash looks just as awesome dude.. ;D

`Boots`

Fantastic work buddy ;D,love those wheels ...very crusty !! :D

Chris.

Got to see this in person today!!!!! I could still smell the paint! ;D Even more amazing!

T , Your'e th lucky one !!

ROB, Weathering is Outstanding !!! I'm lookin' forward to more !

Rock-On Brotha' \m/

ERIK

its looking like one in the reference picture... can't wait to see more rust ;D

Hey guys, thanks for all the great comments and I'm glad you all like how she's coming along. I need to take a break from the bench for a bit, but will get back to the HT soon. Thanks again .

scratchmod

Dont be too long till yer back now ...ya hear !! ;D

Chris.

Got slightly burnt out the past few months plus other priorities at the moment. Might be a couple of weeks til I'm in the swing of things again.

scratchmod

Latest posts

Back