Rusty M4 half track

scratchmod

Thought I would finally post one of my WIP models here, long over due.

The kit is from Dragon and has a ton of parts not used which will go in the spares bin, or to Ken the HT meister.

Here are some pics of what has been done so far. I want the motor area opened up since this is to be a HT sitting in a field somewhere, rusting away. Hopefully it works with the pics.

winch-bumper001.jpg

winch-bumper002.jpg

winch-bumper003.jpg

winch-bumper004.jpg

I had some help from the HT meister Ken as this is all new to me, but will be doing more in the future.
Here are a couple of pics of other rusties I have going.

E-75plates004.jpg

E-75plates003.jpg

E-75plates002.jpg

basea003.jpg

basea002.jpg

basea004.jpg

I'll be getting back to the HT sometime next week and will post some progress pics soon.

scratchmod

The half track is looking good, will look awesome all rusted out.

The other two are sweet as well. I watched your vids on the Sherman. Really great techniques man.

Thanks Dude. I hope to pick back up on the HT soon. I also have a LOT of other projects planned....now I just need the time to get everything done ;D

scratchmod

That KT looks SooooWeeet !! I've missed that one ... Shermie - I just can't stop lookin' at that one !!

I'm lookin' forward to seein' th HT !! Great Stuff !!

ERIK

Well well! That some heavy duty modeling! The rust technique you are using, is it hard to do??? And how hard would it be to give us some pointers? To get us started! Since some of you are obviously meeting privately ... Take some notes.... I wouldnt mind adding that technique to my list !

Once again! Really cool models!

Norm.

Hi Rob ,nice to see all those projects together ,I thought the HT would be finished by now !!! lol

Chris.

OK, first of all I just want to say: "WOW!" they are all amazing! The rust is so believable on all of them. I am tying to find a 1/72nd scale KT to build but there doesnt seem to be any stock here in Singapore, so I may have to try online. Secondly, I tried the link to your videos on YouTube but it said the user had closed the account. Is this correct, or have I made a mistake in cyberspace somewhere? It would be great to see your videos. Anyway, cant wait to see the finished KT & the HT! Brilliant!

First off, I'm sorry for not replying sooner...I actually forgot I had posted this here. Thanks for the comments.

next thing is my youtube channel. I no longer use the scratchmod one...I now have the mrscratchmod channel with the videos on it. I had never really used the other one and then screwed something up when I first tried to do the video thing.

OK, like Scott said, it's basically all covered in the videos, and also on my website. But if there is anything specific you need to know, I'm more than happy to help out.

Once I get the mojo back I'll start back up on this HT.

scratchmod

Hey Scott, thanks buddy. Link works.
The work bench will be cleared this evening and I will finally get back to this model....if I don't get sidetracked with a ISU 152 or something. ;D

scratchmod

Great Video !! I like this Video thing .. I gotta get a Real Video Camera !!

Oh hey ... I'm ezeva on Youtube !!

ERIK

Thanks Iain and Erik, glad you guys like the HT so far.
The M4 HT found it's way to the hobby bench so you know what I'm working on, well I hope to work on it :-\

I have been going over the ref photos to see what else needs to be done in the motor area and interior. I am dying to get to the painting of the model. I want to try out some different products to create more realistic effects. to give you an idea of what or how I want to paint this model, here are a couple of pics.

ROB-2.jpg

ROB-1.jpg

Thanks to the SMmadman for the pics and challange to build and paint this.

scratchmod

Awesome reference there! Interesting how much green there is.

With all this talk lately about rusted out stuff, really makes me want to take one on and give er a try - after i finish the 5 builds I have on the go.

That's th Money shot. Great pix !! I too Dig th Green .... IS that Moss ? Algae ?

Rock-On ! I can't wait to see this !

ERIK

panzerace007 said:
That's th Money shot. Great pix !! I too Dig th Green .... IS that Moss ? Algae ?

Rock-On ! I can't wait to see this !

ERIK

I got these photos from a friend in Europe, he has them on his blog or website somewhere as well.

I believe it's a mixture of moss, lichen and general slime over several layers of different shades of green paint that is chipping away and showing through.

Not sure it would be algae though...

8)

Latest posts

Back