Rubber tracks

Old Panzer

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone would know where to find just the rubber band tracks like the ones in the old Tamiya kits?
I have been putting armor together since the 70s and love the new kits but not the individual track links. I have searched the web but not a lot of options came up, looking for Pz III/IV tracks mainly. I thought some place might have a stash of these older tracks!

thanks!

Welcome Aboard !

The only thing I can suggest is to contact Tamiya and ask for the tracks for a specific kit or kits .
Have you asked over on Armorama ? Some members over there might have a stash .
Someone here might have some too . We'll see .
The only rubber band style tracks I have are for Tamiya's Sturmpanzer IV , which I assume are the same as the Panzer IV .

Thank you! Glad to be part of the group!
I will look over at Armorama to see, perhaps some may show up!

thanks again.
I have used Tamiya to replace parts all of the time.Tamiya is very good about replacing parts. Tamiya USA website: https://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/

I usually recieve my parts for free as they are relatively small.

Give them a try.

Last edited:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone would know where to find just the rubber band tracks like the ones in the old Tamiya kits?
I have been putting armor together since the 70s and love the new kits but not the individual track links. I have searched the web but not a lot of options came up, looking for Pz III/IV tracks mainly. I thought some place might have a stash of these older tracks!

thanks!
Hi and welcome to the forum. i am confident you will get the answer you are looking for here.
Pantherman

Hello,

thanks!
I like the metal tracks. However, it is link by link as you may know. Unfortunately, they can be pricey. My second tank I used them and it looks pretty cool.
I've only been back in the hobby for a year now and a member of this site for about that long too.
There is a wealth of information found here with a host of knowledge from everyone here. Everyone is so helpful.

We have a little group where we have group builds. We get together and vote on what our next build might be. The builds are about once a month or two, depending on the kit.
We would love to have you join, if you want to.
There's a few of us right now, and we're always looking for more to hop on and build along withuss.
Our build this time is a tri-wing WWI plane.

Last edited:
I like the metal tracks. However, it is link by link as you may know. Unfortunately, they can be pricey. My second tank I used them and it looks pretty cool.
I've only been back in the hobby for a year now and a member of this site for about that long too.
There is a wealth of information found here with a host of knowledge from everyone here. Everyone is so helpful.

We have a little group where we have group builds. We get together and vote on what our next build might be. The builds are about once a month or two, depending on the kit.
We would love to have you join, if you want to.
There's a few of us right now, and we're always looking for more to hop on and build along withuss.
Our build this time is a tri-wing WWI plane.
Thank you very much for the information!
I do look forward to learning more from this group as well, I will for sure join in on group builds. I enjoy a challenge or just a new build opportunity!
Thanks again!

Sorry, don't know much about armor kits, but welcome to the forum!!!!!
Post lots of pictures of your builds as they go.

Dragon kits usually have individual links and are time consuming to do.

Keep in mind some armor kits won’t fit using Tamiya rubber tank threads. They may be too long, too short, too narrow, or too wide depending on the armor subject.

Do be aware there are different types of threads.

Latest posts

Back