Help advice on tracks

carthorse11

Hi, I am part way through my first tank (panther revell ausf d 1.35) and have no clue about tracks ie. Do I paint the links before joining them, do I glue them as joining them if so when you glue them how do you bend them round the sprockets ?

Well; being as you haven't gotten any answer yet, I'll tell you a little I know. I would glue them on and paint it all after the fact with glue together tracks if the tracks are still relatively accessible after glueing on. Typically, I would build the tracks in sections and wrap them around the drive and road wheels. Cement like the Tamiya super thin will stay kind of soft long enough to glue a section of 5 or ten tracks together that you can then place on the model.

I think the reason you didn't get much response is there are a lot of ways to do it and pro's and con's to each. If you haven't seen it done before good old youtube has tons of good videos on was to build these models. Probably even some on the Revell Panther.

Hi, I am part way through my first tank (panther revell ausf d 1.35) and have no clue about tracks ie. Do I paint the links before joining them, do I glue them as joining them if so when you glue them how do you bend them round the sprockets ?
Have to agree with mystracing. I usually leave off any side skirts and mudguards so I can fit the tracks.

I tend to glue top section of tracks first so that I get the droop onto the drive sprocket and the start of the curve on the idler. I made a little jig so it's easier to glue together quicker but you can buy them on amazon.

I usually CA this section to the wheels once it's set overnight. Then I do the front rear curves in the same way. Finally the bottom section. Takes 3 day's but it works for me.

Forgot to say that I remove the dried section, prime and spray it, then CA it to the wheels ready for the next step. Pantherman

Well; being as you haven't gotten any answer yet, I'll tell you a little I know. I would glue them on and paint it all after the fact with glue together tracks if the tracks are still relatively accessible after glueing on. Typically, I would build the tracks in sections and wrap them around the drive and road wheels. Cement like the Tamiya super thin will stay kind of soft long enough to glue a section of 5 or ten tracks together that you can then place on the model.

I think the reason you didn't get much response is there are a lot of ways to do it and pro's and con's to each. If you haven't seen it done before good old youtube has tons of good videos on was to build these models. Probably even some on the Revell Panther.
Thanks a lot

Latest posts

Back