Rusty M4 half track

after seeing the sherm.............. I will be keeping an eye on the halftrack. Awesome work as usual bro.

Thank Guru, I think this one will be better than the Sherm...trying new things with this one.

Erik, AK Interactive will be there with the goodies. I will be working on a car which will be similar to what you've said. Basically the same weathering treatment as with armor...and with the slime green. I haven't started the car yet, waiting for the contest here to start, but have started a blog here on the forum. Check the auto section bro.

scratchmod

After a couple more hours not too much to show for it. I've added more small details such nuts and bolts, heat vents and the front radiator cover (?) and and couple of slats.

M4firewall004.jpg

M4firewall003.jpg

M4firewall001.jpg

M4firewall006.jpg

Next up will be some plumbing in the motor area.

scratchmod

Just a small update on the progress of the M2 ( M4 conversion). I've added some wiring in the motor area and also under the dash were one of the gauges had been removed. Also not liking the fit of the windscreen...and hating clear parts..I scratched a new one, thanks to Ken for the ref pics which helped out a lot. It may not be 100% but will do for the overall abandoned look.

windsheild001.jpg

windsheild002.jpg

windsheild003.jpg

windsheild004.jpg

windsheild005.jpg

As of now there are no AM parts or sets used on this build...all kit parts and scratchwork.

Hope you all like where this is heading.

scratchmod

Looks awesome buddy and dam you Mr F.............am i gonna be forced to retrieve my M2A1 from the loft and trash it as well ......LOL (it`s only in the loft for storage purposes, not sent to the sin bin btw...LOL), looks excellent fella ;D

`Boots`

Looks great so far. The detail will pay off. I like the fact you did not use aftermarket parts. I won't spend $100 on a build. I don't have $100 to spend on each build. ;D More rewarding to scratchbuild anyway.

Thanks guys for the comments. I too will not spend a ton of cash on a model, especially if it's something I can build myself. I did spend a lot for the T-55, mainly CMK interior sets. These sets were and will be used on a few models so it's not so bad.
I've done a bit more work on the HT but don't have any new pics yet. The rear body section is just about done, still need to do the rear plate which I have plans for. Since this is a conversion of the M4 to an M2 I can't use the rear plate that has a door....so I'm doing it as if some one at one time [torch] cut an opening in the rear plate and rail. I'm hoping this will add to the overall effects of being old and neglected..a rust bucket.

scratchmod

Looking forward with that part! looks like it was left alone in the forest to rust.

Are you saying aliens are tight wads? ???

Tony lee ;D
Don't get alarmed folks just an inside joke. I love aliens :-*

Loving this build. I enjoy scratch building also mostly from lack-o-funds, Me personally can't see spending $ if I can build it. :-\

Can't wait to see this thing all rusted up.

Thanks guys.....and Tony some times they are buddy...I hoped you forgot about the alien secret ;D ;)

It just doesn't make much sense for me to spend a load cash on tons of AM stuff on a rust bucket, besides, I love scratch building. ;D

scratchmod

I didn't mean to offend anybody who uses aftermarket parts, it's just that it scares me a bit. I looked up the price of some Friul tracks the other day and they were like close to $50. Ouch! I know they must be the cat's bum but I have a very modest income. :-[

yep the price is up there. I do buy some AM products but most of the time I don't use all of it. I bought Fruil tracks for the T-55 and used one set on two models, so it was worth it. The PE does scare me too when you look at what you get in the sets. Some PE sets are ok and not too expensive, but then there are sets that cost twice as much as the kit itself.
Some people do wonders with PE [Tony] and others like myself try to avoid them for lack of experience. I usually look at it this way...buy $100 worth of AM stuff for the one model, or spend that $100 on a few kits for the stash ;D

Well anyways, No pics of the HT yet, but hopefully later today. The rear and cab have been joined and now I have to do all the small stuff I left for later in the build to avoid breakage.

scratchmod

As promised here are a few pics of the progress so far. I managed to get the rear compartment finished but in the pics some small details aren't on yet. The rear and cab sections have been glued together and test fitted. I also removed some screw heads and bolts from the rear plates just to add to the old and neglected appearance of the HT.

M2body001.jpg

M2body002.jpg

M2body003.jpg

To add a bit more character to the HT, I cut out an opening in the rear plate, removed some of the rear suspension wheels, drive sprocket and idlers. Nothing major, just enough to give it eye candy.

M2body006.jpg

M2body007.jpg

Simple scratch building was done to the inside rear section, again this adds to the appearance and character of the HT.

M2body005.jpg

Some small details need to be added now, that were left off because of handling. nearing the finish line with the building part and painting is not far off.

scratchmod

Nice amount of whatnots missing. It's already having the abandoned look. Look forward to the painting process. Just enough time before the contest begins?

Latest posts

Back