Rusty M4 half track

sometimes you just need to get some wind and enjoy the outdoors, to make us refresh... but suddenly we sometimes see's rust creeping around... it may be a can or a pole... that keeps the fire burning :)

scratchmod said:
Got slightly burnt out the past few months plus other priorities at the moment. Might be a couple of weeks til I'm in the swing of things again.

scratchmod

:eek:

The contest starts in like three days bro!

Rest up, you got lots to do dood. ;D

Not much for time, or mojo for that matter..but I did get the chipping done and started on the first layer of rust filters. I'll be switching between acrylics and oils for the rusting in order to get the layers and dimension to the rust. There will be lots of weathering, rusting and in the end slime green...so this is going to be an old scrap heap when done.

rustlayer1003.jpg

First layer applied .

rustlayer1004.jpg

Chipped but no rust filter, just to show the diff.

rustlayer1006.jpg

Finally a shot of the front end.

rustlayer1002.jpg

Cheers
scratchmod

Thanks guys. T here are some shots on the chassis with the rust and streaking done.

weathering-slime003.jpg

weathering-slime004.jpg

weathering-slime005.jpg

So like I said this is an HT rotting away some place. I started adding some green slime to the model. It's still wet so I'll let it dry a day then go back and remove some excess. Once the green is done I'll add more weathering to darken the green and blend things together.

weathering-slime010.jpg

weathering-slime008.jpg

weathering-slime009.jpg

Sometimes you just have to go for it and experiment....in this case with green slime.

scratchmod

One word bro................awesome!!!!!!, hope ya get back too the bench soon bud and the `ol moj reappears!!, it happens to us all at some point mate.. :(

`Boots`

Wow that looks good Rob, i'll have to catch up on what you've been upto to creat this look

Thanks Erik, Boots and Robbo. Glad you guys like the green stuff. Been plucking away at this on and off and have added some more green and weathering...also added some vegi in the rear comp. Pics coming soon.

Rob

Hey guys, glad you like it so far. Scott I agree, it looks like crap ;D ;D This has to be the most time I have spent weathering a rust bucket, but I'm having fun messing around.

Rob

ROB,

Rock-On !!! It's startin' to look like it got pulled out of th Mossy Plains !! You've got th touch Brotha' !!

for a guy who loves the smell of rust in the morning that would be a masterpiece!!! ;D

Latest posts

Back