Rusty M4 half track

What does that big X mark the spot for bro, a tree?

This is coming along nicely and I'd love to stay and gawk some more but lunch is over, back to shingling.

8)

Nice progression on the base. Looking forward to "life" growing on this piece!! ;D

Ken, You mean the one on the base??? I see the faint yellow "X" on on the side of he HT too. LOL!!!! Wouldn't put it past Rob to have one come out the side too!!! ::)

LOLOLOLOL you guys crack me up. The X's are for trees and maybe rocks. You'll see soon enough gwasshoper. ;D ;D ;D

Here we go.
I started by gathering an assortment of "green stuff" for vegitation. This is the form of chopped leaves, and some other stuff like dried herbs.
I then mixed some sifted garden soil,plaster and white glue. I mixed to a some what wet clumpy texture...don't want it too wet now.I then sprinkled on some of the green stuff, moss and some roots. The tree trunk is from a manufacturer that I don't remember.

groundwork001.jpg

groundwork002.jpg

groundwork004.jpg

I am going to work this in small sections, letting the first dry before going to another section. I started with what will be the "wet" area. Once this dries I will add some green slime to give it more a swampy look. Then I'll ad the resin water.

Rob

scratchmod- the art of destruction

Love it Rob ....the tyre is a really good addition :) Looking forward to sseing the rest of it ....hurry along now ;D

Chris.

Hiya fellas. Just popped in to post a couple of progress pics. I added some water effect to the "wet" area of the base and then placed some green plants in and near the water. These are still "live" and hopefully it will stay green. I do plan on sealing them if I can once they are cured/dried in place.
I also started the area beneath the HT. I had planned on doing the surrounding area first but figured I should de the "dry" land first and also set the HT in it's final resting place.
So here are a couple of pics of how it looks right now.

groundwork006.jpg

groundwork007.jpg

More to come.

scratchmod

This is looking really good. I've never gotten around to doing a dio or a base like this but have always thought dried herbs would do the trick. I wonder also if dried leaves ground up would work good to?

The herbs mixed with other debris such as chopped leaves are great for ground work. I like to add the woodland scenics moss stuff in the bag in the pic. I have added some of the Silfor brass, both summer and spring. The rest of the vegetation is from the back yard.
Here are some last pics for today. I have to finish the one corner tonight, and tomorrow when all is dry I will then add the water. I did add some water to get a base down, but I want it a bit deeper.

moregroundwork005.jpg

moregroundwork008.jpg

moregroundwork009.jpg

moregroundwork010.jpg

I should have this project done by next weekend. Still have to add some mushrooms and final detail painting on the HT.

Cheers

scratchmod

You must be copying someone ,because I saw another one just the same a few minutes ago ;D.... Looking the absolute business Rob , I love it buddy ...big thumbs up ;D

Chris.

Outstanding craftsmanship buddy!!!!! Looking forward to seeing some wetness going down!!! ;D

Who me ??? hey guys thanks for still checking this one out. The ground work is finally done. Just have to let it dry overnight, then I'll pour a bit of water...and hopefully won't screw it up ;D

scratchmod

Rock-On !!! Yeah Dude !! You know how I feel about this !!! Awesome Work. I'm lookin forward to seein th Water & the Finished product !!

ERIK

Thanks dude.

Well here are a couple of pics of the water I just poured.

water007.jpg

water008.jpg

water009.jpg

water010.jpg

Back to the bench and work on other things while this dries. Some green slime effects to add when all is dry.

scratchmod

Ooooh yeah ;D ;D ;D Lovin that buddy !!! ,Water really looks good ,you're making me want to have a go at this ::)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back