Rusty M4 half track

Thanks all for the great feedback on this project. I'm gonna let this sit for a few days to let the weathering dry/cure before continuing. In the mean time I'll work on my entries for the SMA contest.

Rob

I'll have every spot covered soon enough LOL ;D I don't think there will be very much of the HT showing by the time I'm done ;)

scratchmod

ROB,

This one has that Deep Woods Georgian Pine 6am Humid Summer Morning "dewey" Rusty/Mossy Steely Smell !!! I love it ! I can't wait to see th Finished product !!!

;D ;D 8)

Hi all. Don't want you to think I've shelved the HT. I haven't had as much bench time as I would like but have spent the little time on the HT and JS-3.
I've done a bit more with the rust and weathering, and also added some more green stuff. Here is where it stands at the mo. Still need to let things dry before I can continue.

vegetation014.jpg

vegetation013.jpg

vegetation005.jpg

vegetation009.jpg

vegetation011.jpg

That's it for now. Time to locate a base so I can get the HT settled in, and finally done.

Cheers
scratchmod

Thanks gents, glad to hear your liking it still. I have to shelf this one a bit until I get a good base to mount it, and also I'd like to get some of that grass turf stuff thingies. Been also going in the woods with the dogs and studying things.

Rob

OK, going on some advice and a very good one, I've experimented with making mushrooms. After talking to Tony Lee on the subject ( his advice/suggestion) I went ahead and did some test shrooms. Basically all I did was stretch some sprue, then heated the end with a lighter...and that's it. Here are the pics, let me know what you think (Tony).

mushroom001.jpg

mushroom002.jpg

mushroom003.jpg

mushroom004.jpg

Cheers
Rob

Thanks gents. The credit for the shrooms goes to Tony Lee for the suggestion on adding them, thanks Tony.
scratchmod

You're Welcome Rob 8)

Old Folks= Spectacles,hearing aids and dentures

Scratchmod= Rust, natures litter,moss and mushrooms

Elementary My Dear Watson ;D

Tony lee :)

Brilliant! Fungi's to be around I'm sure...! They do look really cool though & the moss is also brilliantly done. a truly outstanding build!
(Sorry for the fungi "joke")

Scott Girvan said:
Norm, if you haven't checked out Robs videos on youTube you need to man.
www.youtube.com/mrscratchmod - he goes through the entire process step by step. Amazing stuff man. Watch em.

I haven't been here in ages.... but those Rusting/Weathering techniques Rocks !!!

thanks for letting me know about his VIDS... I subscribed !!! got to try that ....
but at 10$ per bottles..(MIG) pigments are a tough decision to make....

anyway.... got to fetch myself some Cheap Hair Spray as well !!!

Seems to be a common theme...

later and Nice work on those models BTW !

Norm.

[/quote]

but at 10$ per bottles..(MIG) pigments are a tough decision to make....

anyway.... got to fetch myself some Cheap Hair Spray as well !!!

Norm.
[/quote]

NORM,

Whiles MIG pigments may be expensive .. there are alternatives ... Check out one of th sponsors - ModelMakerZ He makes some excellent Pigments at a fraction of th cost. and .... you can Airbrush them on .. No B.S. I've done it with great success !! Check'em out

@ Scratch - ;D ;D ;D Nice Schrooms !!! Yeah Dude !! Lookin awesome !!

Norm thanks bud, and Erik too.

Erik is correct that you don't need expensive pigments, the cheaper ones will do for that type of rust tech. Keep in mind that it is only one of meny techniques/methods of replicating rust. If you check out the models on my website, you'll see I use diff techniques depending on the type of rust I am trying to create.

Got my Silfor in today, all I need is to get started on a base for the HT.

scratchmod

Work on the HT is slow but it's moving forward. Managed to find a chunk of wood in the garage, did some router work to make it purty.

HTbase001.jpg

HTbase004.jpg

HTbase006.jpg

HTbase007.jpg

So the basic layout is there and added some "terrain" to the foam. So now I can get started with the groundwork....and also finsh the HT too.

scratchmod

www.scratchmod.com

Latest posts

Back