peza`s 32" falcon build

eh up all,
i`ve got a little update for ya,i`ve done a bit of the copper strip
GEDC2932.jpg
and i finished the cockpit cone,and gave it a coat of primer here are some finished images,
GEDC2935.jpg
GEDC2936.jpg
GEDC2937.jpg
cheers all,i`m gonna do abit on the copper again tonight,i may get it finished if i`m lucky,
tomorrow i`m showin the snowspeeder dio i built at a model show in crewe,i`ll take a load of photos of the day,
hope ya like cheers peza

eh up all,
i`ve got some more done this week,i managed to get all the copper cut and mounted to the tunnel
GEDC2952.jpg
but i was`nt happy with the gaps inbetween the gaps,so i started at the beginnin and started addin extra
pieces to fill the gaps up
GEDC2956.jpg
GEDC2955.jpg
so it took some time because it was very fiddly but i finished it off tonight
GEDC2960.jpg
i put the electrical tape around the edge so i could fille down the extra bits to the right size,and i`m happy with
the way its turned out,i`ve also gave it a coat of primer but i`ve not got an image of it yet,it`s still dryin
hope ya like my progress,i`m gonna jump back on to the magnets next i got some milliput from a model show lastweek and here`s a couple of images of are kid,it was a good day out
GEDC2938.jpg
GEDC2948.jpg
cheers all...peza ;D

eh up all,i have got some more done this week.
firstly i had to cut the tunnel back because with the cockpit on it stuck out way to far
GEDC2963.jpg
GEDC2964.jpg

so you can see that i messed up the cut abit so i had to line out the inside with some half mm thick styrene
next i covered the nasty gap with some milliput white which is the super fine version,i shaped it up with a wet lolly stick
http://[http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r596/peza5/GEDC2965.jpg/img]
[ATTACH=full]59395[/ATTACH]

next i had to put the armour plates back on and cut some new ones also.
[ATTACH=full]59396[/ATTACH]

and finally i gave it a coat of primer and it`s came out ok.
[ATTACH=full]59397[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]59398[/ATTACH]

so i`m gonna leave the interior for abit and start on the side details and the dockin ring
hope ya like the progress...cheers peza

eh up all.
i`ve started makin some of the side detail on the mandibles on the cockpit side.i wanted to get the nightmare bit done first,the bit in question is the Porsche gearbox piece right near the cockpit tunnel.
first off i made the base piece and placed an off cut of a pen from work,in this image you can see the photo image of what i`m copyin.
GEDC2972.jpg
next i made the ribs for the shaped skin to go on top.
GEDC2974.jpg
then i put a double layer of 1mm thick styrene around the circular shape,the reason for the double skin is because the top is sloped.
GEDC2975.jpg
so after that had all dried i put the skin on and sanded the edges back to get the sloped finish.
GEDC2977.jpg
finally a coat of primer just to see if the gaps were ok,which i think they are good enough because ya wont see them when the outer fins are on.
GEDC2978.jpg
oh and i started on the fins,which i think is gonna take me some doin,but i`l just keep ploddin on!
GEDC2979.jpg
so that`s it for now i`ll post again once i get a fair bit done...cheers peza.hope ya like :)

eh up all,
i`ve got quite abit done yesterday,i`ve been workin my way through all the fins on the gearbox.
here are some progress images hope ya like....
GEDC2985.jpg
GEDC2986.jpg
GEDC2987.jpg
GEDC2988.jpg
GEDC2990.jpg
GEDC2992.jpg
GEDC2994.jpg

well thats it,i`ve done some milliput on one side so once thats dried i can do some more fins and give it a coat of primer

eh up all,
i`ve got alot more done since the last post,
i got the front mandible detail completed and i`m startin on the dockin bay on the same side of the cockpit just so it appears that i`ve got more done than i have for the show comin on soon,well here are the images of the finished mandible detail.
GEDC3057.jpg
GEDC3049.jpg

and now here`s were i`m at for the dockin bay hatch.but because i`ve got to open the model up i cant just straight glue it in,well both sides have got to be removable.so it`s back to magnets again.here is the gap i have to fill
GEDC3056.jpg
next i`ve made up the base plate,out of some 1mm styrene.
GEDC3059.jpg
and lastly i`ve made up the dockin port`s outer shape.
GEDC3060.jpg
well that it for now i`m gonna do some more tonight,thanks for lookin...cheers peza ;D

Latest posts

Back