peza`s 32" falcon build

eh up all i`m sorry for bein away for awhile but my laptop died,
so since my last post i`ve nearly finished off the bottom detail.
here ya some images hope ya like ya progress so far,it`s comin together but slowly..
cheers peza
GEDC1755.jpg
[/URL][/img]
GEDC1756.jpg
[/URL][/img]
GEDC1757.jpg
[/URL][/img]
GEDC1754.jpg
[/URL][/img]

eh up all,i think i`ve messed up with the downloadin of these images...
try again..cheers peza
GEDC1757.jpg
GEDC1755.jpgGEDC1754.jpgGEDC1756.jpg

eh up Q,
thanks dude i was scratchin my head to sort it out but buildin walls and things is more my line of work(using hammers)computers escape me!! ;D

once again thank you mym8....cheers peza

;Dcheers j its gettin there slowly..cheers buddy.

one question for you j,do you know where i can get some 2mm thick fibre optic cable from?if you can help it would
be greatly appreciated....cheers mym8 peza ;)

Hi peza,.....I've got 1mm stuff, but I noticed a place in the UK called Farnell who do fibre optics at different sizes 1mm, 2mmm & 3mm.....price for 5m for the 2mm is £13

Heres the link:

http://uk.farnell.com/cable-fibre-optic

You got me hooked mate, can't wait to see what you do with it

John

eh up buddy.

i`ve got some 1mm thick stuff from a an fibre optic xmas tree,but i`m after 2mm thick for the mind ya head lights that are all around the bottom!i`ll keep ya posted not had chance look at ya link yet but i will mym8.......cheers buddy ya a bloody great goodun!! ;D ;D......peza

eh up all,
i`d like to say you`ll be seein alot more i`ve this build from now on as i`ve got to get some more done for the burnley family fun day in may,which i`m really lookin forward to...

so here`s where i`m at and what i`ve been doin to it.
firstly i started to join the 2 halves together,but in a way that i can get into it to do any fixin in the future!
so i started with some bolts which i had to cut down to fit into the landin leg bay`s.
GEDC2735.jpg

the nut`s i choose are these plaster board nuts so i had to cut the inside of the top section
GEDC2737.jpg
next i super glued the nut in place
GEDC2738.jpg
and finally i surrounded the nuts with some super fine milliput which i shaped up to help the bolts fall into position
GEDC2808.jpg
here are the 3 bolts in place
GEDC2810.jpg
GEDC2805.jpg
next i started on the ramp again due to one of my mates snappin some of it,which was nice of him,so he`s now banned from touchin again under pain of death.

so i had to strip it all down again and re-make some pieces,but luckerly it still works when i glue it all together
GEDC2813.jpg
GEDC2812.jpg

so thats it for now,i`m gonna have a little play on it tonight,cheers peza ;D

Great to see you back on the 'Big Bird' again peza (it was getting kinda lonely here in the archives)

Lookin' great....love the solution for keeping it together,...I'm sure the ship must weigh a tonne

John

Jaitea said:
Great to see you back on the 'Big Bird' again peza (it was getting kinda lonely here in the archives)

Lookin' great....love the solution for keeping it together,...I'm sure the ship must weigh a tonne

eh up buddy,yeah i`ve been doin reps with it..lol..i`m back til it`s done now!!...cheers peza ;D

John

eh up all,
well i got alittle more done this week,i was wantin to get the magnets done on the front mandibles finished off but due to me not havin any milliput i`ll have to leave it til the weekend when i go shoppin.so i started in build the cockpit cone.
first off i made a jig so i can form the basic shape.
GEDC2815.jpg
and whilest that was dryin i made an extention for the tunnel(mine looked to short).
GEDC28132.jpg
next i made 2 copies of the curved cone piece usin some card as my template,i cut out these in half mil thick styrene with an inch overhang,
GEDC2816.jpg
once that was all dry i made alittle ring so it will fit snug around the tunnel GEDC2817.jpgand finally i started doddlin where the windows should be goin ???
GEDC2831.jpg
oh and i got some thin sheet copper liberated from work for the grill around the tunnel entrance,now this is gonna take a while to do,if i dont bugger it up!GEDC2820.jpgcheers peza

eh up all,i`ve done alittle more today,and managed to get all my windows cut out and some half mil thick styrene to line the inner side,i`ve been cuttin each window out 1 at a time just to try and cut the risk of snappin the cone when there`s no strength in it
GEDC2909.jpg

so finally i got them all done and tomorrow if i can i`ll start on the end piece,and then the armour plates and work my way back!not done any more to my copper just yet!here are 2 images of where it`s upto now
GEDC2926.jpg
GEDC2927.jpg
hope ya like and i`ll see ya soon,cheers peza :)

eh up all,just a little update.
i did a little more on the copper but not much,
next i started the armour platin which i managed to finish off,i think it`s all in the right place!
GEDC2930.jpg
and finally i got the front window in usin some plastic plumbin pipe and some 1 mil thick styrene,ity was a bit fiddly
but it came out pretty good..here are some finished progress images for tonights work
GEDC2931.jpg
GEDC2929.jpg
..hope ya like cheers peza ;D

Latest posts

Back