old rusty Karl-Gerat LOKI ????? any interest !!

haha i like how that sounds, and what better way to upset someone :)

LOL yeah, I just have to be different. Besides, it would be boring to do the same ole Karl-Loki that looks like everyone else's. And you know I love all things rusty so what the heck.

This is what I'm thinking and want to show in this dio. It will be of the LOki sitting someplace, scrap or junk yard, forgotten for many years until re discovered.

Ah yeah, This is gonna be awsome! Sounds like a great ide, and I know you can do it ;D

When some one tells me a can't do something, my reply is “watch me”

Absolutely!! Have at it Rob!!! Your way will definitely be kick a$$!!!

Be strong buddy!!! Finish the other something-or-other up and THEN you can shake up the Loki World! 8)

scratchmod, I have the Dragon kit of the Loki. I replaced the tracks with Furil metal tracks. So if you want the Dragon track set drop Me a PM with an address, and I will get them to Ya. BTW they are larger across than the Trump are. Dragon goofed on the with of them.

Hey Texas, thanks for the offer bud, but I too have the Dragon kit on the shelf. I bought the Trump kit afterwards because the Dragon kit was less detailed. Yet the tracks are not 100%, but what is !! There are some resin and metal tracks available for these kits, but I might go with the Dragon tracks since they are Indi links, and will drill the holes in the teeth. For what I have planned it really does not matter because only sections will be on the Karl and the rest on the ground.
Thanks again.

LOL!! ;D No CHris...just a bad case of the Loki DT's!! :eek:

[size=10pt]Don't Do IT Rob!! 8)[/size]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Hiya boys. Well after looking at some pics of this guy I went ahead and opened the box to check out the parts to get an idea of what I need to do to the parts.....and wouldn't you know, I started snipping off parts and was ready to start cleaning them up. had to put everything in containers and close the box again, would have gotten out the glue and started building. Man that was close.

lol you may have to check your self into rehab to get over that :p

NP scratchmod. I went with metal tracks for mine, and have modified the drive sprockets to fit.

Going to be interesting to see this kit as a 'Rust Bucket'. Are You going o have enough 'Rust' on hand?

Are You doing this as the American captured unit? Being in was hauled to White Sands for testing, and later scraped there, that wonderful desert air would have rusted that unit well.

Nah, it'll be in Europe. I don't think it was LOKI that went to the US. I believe it was II they brought over. Loki was too badly damaged and so where the rail transporters. She had the whole front end blown to hell.

Will be enough rust on this one for sure.

Been working on something else, mainly burn effects right now.

burneffects021.jpg

This will give you a good idea why the LOKI has to wait.

Wow rob you sure have an awesome talent for rust, I would love to be able do something like that.

Hey ROB ,

I just caught this Buddy !! Awesome Concept !! Rusting in a Junk Yard .... right ? There is a Scrap Metal yard down th Road a piece & Up around th Bend ... It has rail cars loaded streaming in & out .... This will No Doubt look PHAT on th Rails !! Withering away !Hey .. it reminds Me of a couple of songs ( Season's of Wither , & Long Train Running )

I'm lookin' forward to th start !!!

Long Train Running - The Doobie Brothers

Do you have any reference to share with us about this Blown up LOKI ??? I would love to see it !

I had a THOR once... but never heard of those being destroyed... I never looked into it much beside knowing
they would launch a 2 ton projectile at buildings... WOW !

if you can point me in the right direction I would love to read up on it !

thanks !

Latest posts

Back