Old male armour

The tank is in primer, the trailing wheels just need some dry brushing and a wash, but I ran into a bit of an issue. The instructions call for Oil Ochre (MIG color) as the color for the grenade screen and parts of the camouflage. I cross referenced and got what was supposed to be a similar color but it is far too yellow. The grenade screen is currently the substitute color. It should have a bit more of a brownish tone to it. Rather than order more paint and wait I am just going to paint the whole works more of a neutral brown. That's what was called for by the end of 1916 rather than camouflage patterns. I have a few browns that are quite close to that.

Mk1_Paint1.jpg

The tank is in primer, the trailing wheels just need some dry brushing and a wash, but I ran into a bit of an issue. The instructions call for Oil Ochre (MIG color) as the color for the grenade screen and parts of the camouflage. I cross referenced and got what was supposed to be a similar color but it is far too yellow. The grenade screen is currently the substitute color. It should have a bit more of a brownish tone to it. Rather than order more paint and wait I am just going to paint the whole works more of a neutral brown. That's what was called for by the end of 1916 rather than camouflage patterns. I have a few browns that are quite close to that.

View attachment 116510
You could take the yellow color and add a couple drops of brown to it. See how that looks.

I know what you mean, the weathering process has become my favorite part of the build at this stage in my modeling journey. I need to keep reminding myself not to overdo it, sometimes without success.
That is my problem, at times, I tend to over do it and not remember less is more. But, I'm still learning the ins and outs of this classic and rewarding hobby.

Latest posts

Back