My U-69

Makes sense why they always put the cover on the models...they have no idea what it should be. I am thinking that it is safe to say the 7 blade set up however it looked would suffice. That picture came out in 07, go figure, Google Earth!!! LOL!!! Nothing is secret any more.

I did come across this though....

for discussion purposes only
7-bladed%20sub%20screw.jpg

It was listed over on this sub-site - JDR Military Service-Submarines - http://web.mst.edu/~rogersda/military_service/subs.htm This is , from what is described, as an "unclassified picture of a Japanese Screw. Rather similar and I think could be used with no issues from any rivet counters and/or the US Navy! The aerial shot was there two btw.

"

'Tuts & Sighs ' ::) ....thought yer had it done then for a minute ;D

HA HA HA!!! Sorry Chris!!! Not yet, but she will be coming off the shelf real soon!!!! ;) If Badge and I keep going back and forth, I might just drop everything else and dig in!!! :-X

;D It wil and I probably will!! :eek: Heading down to dust her off in a little bit. I also have stuff stashed ALL over....you would laugh too....my office upstairs has the main box of parts and two AM sets, a wicker basket near the paint room with all the PE AM, min drawers in an organizer with bits and bobs and the hull somewhere else Pheeeeew!! :p Give me some time to get my act together then I can be off and running again. ;D

Thank you Sir!! Looking forward to you slapping some paint around on your a bit!!! After some ribbing on not moving on this and now you building yours, thinking the bench will open up soon!!! ;D

Just joined and started following your build.
MAGNIFICENT!
Only on page 3 but will get to the remaining pages soon.
I love these boats and yours looks like it will be museum quality.

Tommie

Well Tommie...Welcome to the HERD!! I know you will enjoy hanging around here!!

OK...the U-69!! Thanks for the compliment and the reminder I really need to finish her!! It has been a while but I was just talking about this one to a friend so it will need to come off the shelf soon!!! ;)

This is one of the two kits that are on my really really want to have list (the other being the 1/72 Flower Class Corvette) you have some great work going on here, love the "oil canning" effect, looks right amazing! Will be happily following your progress.

Hi Dan!! Thanks for the kind words. I will most definately get back at this one...especially with the bumped interest. It's only right. As for the flower Clas...dude, you are spot on. Over the weekend I was on Hobby Link Japan's site. A bit expensive but check ouy the Revell Flower class... http://www.hlj.com/product/REV05112

Wooden deck...Photo etch...bells and whistles!! On my list for sure. Like I said, a bit pricey but adding all the AM that actually comes with it and it's size!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back