My U-69

Can't wait to see some paint go on this one, you've done a fantastic job so far

`T` i was blown away the first time i saw this..............this is just amazing stuff buddy, the attention to detail is second to non dude..............brilliant work!!................did i see you mention rivets!!!!!!!!!, man thats just pure madness..LOL!!, super stuff fella.. ;D

`Boots` ;D

Thanks Mark! At the moment this one resides on top of the piano in the living room! :eek: With the the projects I have going and adding 2 more for the contest...HA HA HA!!!!! Well, I think you know.

I am sure I will get to shoot some primer on her in the next month maybe???? Well, as long as I'm having fun! ::)

Thanks for the comment on the 69 Rob....looking forward to being told I'm #1 next time we get together ;D ;D ;D...Oh yeah, thanks for kicking me in the butt to get back on this! :p

Communication is key Scott! At work I deal with people from around the world, picking up words here and there....at home, sign language seems to work just fine sometimes! ::)

Sign language......love it ....and understand it so well ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

There is one hell of a lot of sanding and detailwork in that monster! I wouldn't be game to try it after the troubles I had with the C-130 seams!!

WOW! This is just amazing!

Top ace work, worth to be named in the same breath as Lewis Pruneau and his works!

OrsonWellesClap.gif

MilitaryAircraft101 said:
There is one hell of a lot of sanding and detailwork in that monster! I wouldn't be game to try it after the troubles I had with the C-130 seams!!

LOL, Sorry bout the delay there MA101, missed it some how, oh yeah there is. Still a couple nooks and crannies that are bothering me, but I will get to them. Thanks! ;D

Seven of Nine said:
WOW! This is just amazing!

Top ace work, worth to be named in the same breath as Lewis Pruneau and his works!

OrsonWellesClap.gif

What a great compliment! Thank you for those very kind words 7 of 9. His works are just...epic! ;)

You know I looked at this post before and went WOW this is going to be amazing and that was during the contest build how I overlooked that it was TRM production is well ......... ;D

So here we go again this is a amazing WOW ;D

XXXNITRO

Thanks again today XXX!! ;) This is my long haul project....Trying to get back to her. Problem is, my short term projects end up mini long term stuff. She is dry docked right in front of my desk right now...just looking at me! LOL!!! The hull is ready for a good priming and then maybe some paint on the deck! Little kicks in the butt like this might just jump-start things up again!! ;)

you guys never sease to amaze me with the detail you guys put into your stuff, excelent job on this man, incredable!

I am starting to get discouraged.
So many people here put so much quality work into their builds....Mine somehow seem so insignificant in comparison..... It's getting harder for me to get back to work on my projects currently under way. :(

ModelMakerMike said:
So many people here put so much quality work into their builds....Mine somehow seem so insignificant in comparison..... It's getting harder for me to get back to work on my projects currently under way. :(

If every beginner snowboarder said that when they saw Shawn White devastate the competition in the Olympics, who would be the futures champions? If every struggling guitarist said that when they saw their favorite band play live, who would we go and see at the local clubs? If every kid in little league said that when they struck out after watching Derek Jeter break 3000, who would play for MLB in ten years?

Modeling doesn't always have to be a competition with your peers, it's a hobby people do for fun. Concentrate on that and you'll only improve over time. Right now, your only bench mark to compete with shpould be your last build.

Action, heh...

Adventure, heh...

A Jedi craves not these things.

Words of great wisdom Yoda....I mean Ken! ;D

@ MMM, Ken is absolutely correct. Striving to better yourself in anything you do, takes patience and tenacity. We all tend to be our own worst critics at times. I have seen what you can do...you have talent!!! Equal to just about anybody here. I started this boat.... ::) a couple of years ago. Still not done!! It will be and I may be happy with it when it's done...but in the end, that is all that matters. How I think I did. If other people enjoy it along the way and after it's done....Awesome...if not it's OK.

Of course the last thing I wanted was for someone to feel "discouraged" by this or any project I do. I would hope that maybe it would inspire someone to create something else, maybe even better!! You never know unless you give it a shot!

Keep building MMM...and I will watch!!!! So will pretty much everyone here!!! You have questions....Ask the HERD! I know just about everyone here on SMA is willing to lend a hand. ;) This site has by far the largest collaboration of talented individuals I have seen. No questions are too small.....EVER!!

I'll leave you with my favorite Yoda Quote....

"No! Try not. Do...or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Take care & See you around the Herd Buddy!!

@ Ace - Thanks for those kind words!

I agree with the above here, MMM
Sure, my builds look good....NOW.
25 years ago, they looked like, well, crap. But I got better as I learned how to do things better.
Everyone has to start somewhere.
Without the start, there is no finish. Without trouble, there is little learning how to fix it and make things better.
Mistakes are where we learn the most.
Keep plugging at it, and things WILL come

ModelMakerMike said:

are you kidding me, your work is excelent, you have got to be joking! do not get descuraged, beacuse i can tell you right now your work is better than mine!

Model building is a work of art like no other! it combines several other art forms, painting, building, even sometimes sculpting a long with that! it is not a easy art form, it takes practice, and time, some people are scared to even try it! also to compare what you build with others buy different kits is silly too, as some kits come with more details than others! equipement is a effect too! to me nobady is a better modeler than another, we all work hard, an we all love this hobby, and my friend that is what it is all about, who gives a flying fish tail what everyone ells thinks!

don't give up keep going with. are you going to get descuraged? i most certanly hope not!

LOOK AT THIS!
RsdSazabiSide.jpg
is this not art? i wish my painting was that good! look at that even coat of paint! look at the detail there! you say you are not a good modeler? you ARE!! a good modeler, and dont let anyone or anything tell you otherwise!

Latest posts

Back