MPC Millennium Falcon

Eh up buddy,wow ya motorin on with the painting mym8...looks mint!😀cheers peza

Wow, excellent job on the cockpit!!! It was fun to see your progress on this :D

Can't wait to see more!!

Thank you for all the support guys! Here is an in-progress shot of the bottom as I have begun weathering with some pastels. After these have been sealed, I will be hitting it with the grunge through my airbrush. Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

Thanks

jake

20140717_112349_zpswvty3lrs.jpg

Thin washes...dry, seal and repeat. Dirty those panels up but be random and less or more or less.

Thanks Scott, John! No they aren't resin. I made them from .030 card styrene. I used the stencils from the website Scott posted. The image was in PDF format and printed to scale. I used it to create templates and trace/cut glue the boxes. All I did on my own was half ass the panels. There not really accurate. Scott: The bottom (and top) will look much filthier when I'm done. The camera doesn't get all the shading and grime....... I'm trying to not overdue it.

Thanks all,,,this is really a labor of love!

jake said:
John! No they aren't resin. I made them from .030 card styrene. I used the stencils from the website Scott posted. The image was in PDF format and printed to scale. I used it to create templates and trace/cut glue the boxes. All I did on my own was half ass the panels. There not really accurate.

Well they blend in perfectly.......lemme see the top hull!!

J

Looking really sweet there mym8,keep up the top work ya doin! Can ya post an image of the port side mandible detail nice and close up so I can use as reference for my build please buddy.....cheers peza

Hate to state the obvious Jake , but this is looking great ! Your colour selection is spot on and each "level" of weathering will just improve it . I've a couple of MPC Falcons stashed away ( one half done and one not ) and I'm feeling like it's time I re-visited . Keep it up . ;)

peza said:
Looking really sweet there mym8,keep up the top work ya doin! Can ya post an image of the port side mandible detail nice and close up so I can use as reference for my build please buddy.....cheers peza

Here ya go mate! Keep in mind that its not really 100% accurate but almost. Thanks for the kind words guys!
20140720_173102_zpshypmebjs.jpg
20140720_173058_zpscjvkwc5k.jpg
20140720_173109_zpst8kez201.jpg

Thank you John and all of you who are posting through this build. You guys are what keeps me going!!!! ;D

Latest posts

Back