MPC Millennium Falcon

Hi guys. Got some detail work done and built up the front of the mandibles today. Yesterday was docking ring day. I'm not so proud of them but hey, there on there...at last. So now I'm at a stand still on how I can mount it. I want to display it over a mirror like the Master Replicas but don't really know how to attach the bottom to a post, or vs-verse. Any ideas?

thanks for looking

jake
20140703_162034_zpsj1p7hiuf.jpg
20140703_161837_zpsk5l7rkb1.jpg

Love the work you are doing there Jake

I'd love to go back & do it all over again

J

Guys, hello and a question...
What do you think of the color ivory (or close) as a base color for the falcon. Ivory white looks pretty close to what Ive seen on the web for a base color.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Here's a pic: the Thunder fighter on the right is painted in Rustolium Ivory while the Viper on the left is Tamiya Insignia white.

efa939fa-bfe4-4e51-9a87-3e082cf72613_zps59b92347.jpg

Great work man, details look killer. I'd go with the Viper color - the weathering can tone it down all you want after the fact.

Thanks for all the support guys! Scott, John, Grendels, Quaralane, ! I really really appreciate it so much. I think for right now I will go with the basic white and filter it a little with weathering like Scott said if the white looks too bright.

Cool! thanks again!

I chose Humbrol Camo Grey for mine I think.....anyway yours looks awesome mate!

Go with what Scott says, once you get weathering on it, the color will darken a bit.

Nice Thunderfighter. I need to build mine.

Here are some update pictures of the paint so far. I sprayed a flat black base coat and then a flat white over the top as a beginning pallet. Last night I mixed up a little white mixed with some camo grey and airbrushed it over the white very lightly. Here is the result. It actually looks a little lighter in person. I think the weathering will pull it down a bit.

20140710_072536_zpsbjtpg37f.jpg
20140710_072501_zpsxmdn7kqy.jpg
20140710_072447_zpsdygthc1s.jpg

Eh up Jake if you go on ketzer.com,he says the same as all the other dudes,its primarily white with a hint of grey but a smiggin of tan.check it out.love ya build bro!😎cheers peza

Looking shawp. Filters, washes, grime, dirt and repeat. That ain't gonna stay clean for long.

I'm late to the party on the color question but Testors Camo Gray. Slightly darker than white with just slight hint of a warm cream in the color. Also, its very close the color ILM used. Not that any of this matters, yours is looking sweet.

Thanks Oz. Got the base coat of flat white down and most of the colored panels painted. Noe starting to add washes and experimenting with some tints to warm up the color. Not near done but starting to come along.

20140715_145746_zpsxc68idlx.jpg

Latest posts

Back