M-48A3 VIETNAM

nickt666 said:
Haha! Great video clip! What film is that from?

It's from an '81 film - TAPS , staring Timothy Hutton, Sean Penn , George C.Scott as th Head master ( awesome job in this film) .... Tom Cruise's 1st. Movie, it came out just before Cruise's All th Right Movies & Risky Business('83) It's a cool Flick !

I have started weathering the lower hull. There is more dirt and weathering to go, but I think you can see where I am going with this. Here are some pictures some of which are taken in different light. Some of the pastel wash is still wet.

Terry

DSC07282.jpg

DSC07283.jpg

DSC07284.jpg

DSC07285.jpg

DSC07286.jpg

DSC07287.jpg

DSC07288.jpg

DSC07289.jpg

DSC07290.jpg

DSC07291.jpg

DSC07292.jpg

DSC07293.jpg

That looks Really good not over done and not under done either ;D

spud said:
That looks Really good not over done and not under done either ;D

Thanks Spud! I don't like to have too much mud. I like a more dusty appearance that does not over power the model.

Terry ;D

I added some more grim to the bottom hull and then did a light overspray of Tamiya Earth to lighten the dark red tone in previous pictures. I made a pastel powder wash to get some grim down in the cracks of the upper hull. Next I want to do some chipping and I think that will wrap up the hull weathering at least for now. Thanks for following along and comments are welcome.

Terry ;D

DSC07295.jpg

DSC07296.jpg

DSC07297.jpg

DSC07298.jpg

DSC07299.jpg

DSC07300.jpg

DSC07301.jpg

T, that's fantastic. What color is the pastel? I want to use that on my Sheridan to get it finished.

wyoroy said:
T, that's fantastic. What color is the pastel? I want to use that on my Sheridan to get it finished.

Oh my Roy it is just a reddish brown color. It was part of a set of earth tone pastel chalk sticks that I get at Hobby Lobby.

Terry ;D

panzerace007 said:
T ,

Smokin !! Looks Awesome ! Great job on th dusting, It's in all th right places !

Thanks Erik!! I will do some more when I get to the end of the build.

Terry ;D

wyoroy said:
Thanks T. I have a set from HL ;D I plan to copy your look for my Sheridan, thanks.

I make the wash with mineral spirits as the carrier. Dries fast and leaves no residue.

;D

Ok I have done some more weathering. I have added more dirt to the details and also some streaking. All of the decals are on and I have started adding the crew. First one done is the driver. The helmet mic is made out of wire. Here are some new pictures and as always comments and questions are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07335.jpg

DSC07336.jpg

DSC07337.jpg

DSC07338.jpg

DSC07339.jpg

DSC07340.jpg

DSC07341.jpg

DSC07342.jpg

DSC07343.jpg

DSC07344.jpg

it looks amazing T the colours or the sun damage is quality and cause we are both in nam what colours did you use for the red earth it looks bang on.....

geegad

Latest posts

Back