M-48A3 VIETNAM

MrT

Started a new build last night. A am going to do a Marine M-48A3 Patton in Vietnam. Lots of things to do. Filling all the holes in the bottom and sides and lowering the suspension. Here are some pictures of what's what.

T

DSC06936.jpg

DSC06939.jpg

DSC06940.jpg

DSC06995.jpg

Started filling the holes.

DSC06996.jpg

DSC06997.jpg

Getting ready to lower the suspension.

DSC06998.jpg

More to come!

thats an old kit with lots of things to fix but its a fun subject as there aren't many people who make the M48. i'm curious, what is the PE kit that you have for it and where did you get?

good luck with the build btw, i haven't built one of those since i was a teenager and that was a long time ago!

mr T i think you have a fair ol mountian infront of you here ;D i have me boots and chair so ill be following along from the comfort zone ;D

T ,

Cool kit. I think this was My 1st. Tamiya experience waaaaaay back in th day ! ...... I'm lookin forward to seein that suspension ! I dig all of th Bling & those figures are classic !!

Cain't wait to see more Bro !!

Jimi said:
thats an old kit with lots of things to fix but its a fun subject as there aren't many people who make the M48. i'm curious, what is the PE kit that you have for it and where did you get?

good luck with the build btw, i haven't built one of those since i was a teenager and that was a long time ago!

Well I think I'm ready to tackle it, but we'll see. The PE is Eduard it's still available.

T

spud said:
mr T i think you have a fair ol mountian infront of you here ;D i have me boots and chair so ill be following along from the comfort zone ;D

Ain't nobody comfortable in the Nam. lol

T

panzerace007 said:
T ,

Cool kit. I think this was My 1st. Tamiya experience waaaaaay back in th day ! ...... I'm lookin forward to seein that suspension ! I dig all of th Bling & those figures are classic !!

Cain't wait to see more Bro !!

I did one then too. Still have it. Hey watch that waaaaaay back stuff. Ha!

T

Nice looking tank. Great accessories too. This will be a pretty large project. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Scott Girvan said:
Nice looking tank. Great accessories too. This will be a pretty large project. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Thanks Scott!! I hope to make it look better. I have a image in my head we will see if I get there.

T

"I pitty the fool that does a model of a Patton with less enthusiasm!" "Murdoc!!!!!" Great start Mr. T.

Nice choice T!!! Count me in!! I like all the goodies too!!! Carry on!! ;)

Rentar1 said:
"I pitty the fool that does a model of a Patton with less enthusiasm!" "Murdoc!!!!!" Great start Mr. T.

Thanks I am fired up.

T

Got an update. I have attached the torsion arms on one side and made a adjustable idler wheel to solve the problem of loose tracks after lowering the hull. Here are some pictures.

Terry B)

The .080 plastic strips are used to set the distance of the torsion arms and keep them aligned. Also I have added putty to bumper housings.

DSC06999.jpg

To make the adjustable idler wheel this part has to be cut apart.

DSC07000.jpg

DSC07001.jpg

I attached and torsion arm

DSC07002.jpg

Next I made an axle for idler housing and drilled a hole in the housing.

DSC07003.jpg

Then make a hole in the lower hull.

DSC07004.jpg

Insert the axle. Attach the idler housing and viola adjustable idlers

DSC07005.jpg

DSC07006.jpg

DSC07007.jpg

DSC07008.jpg

Latest posts

Back