1st time with rust is it to much

What era will your finished model be? Fresh off the assembly line for WWII? May not be that rusty, more scrapes and scratches would be there. A "years after the war" display piece? It would be rusty.

Rob.

What era will your finished model be? Fresh off the assembly line for WWII? May not be that rusty, more scrapes and scratches would be there. A "years after the war" display piece? It would be rusty.

Rob.
Thank you , was thinking that myself but wanted someone with experience, I was thinking battle hardened late ww2, do you think I should paint over it and go back to the drawing board?

Thank you , was thinking that myself but wanted someone with experience, I was thinking battle hardened late ww2, do you think I should paint over it and go back to the drawing board?

EXPERIENCE????? You didn't say you wanted THAT??? Well, I replied to the wrong thread?

Battle hardened late WWII I would think should be getting a little rust, so you may be just about right. It had been in a good bit of rain, mud, snow and sweat by that time. I personally probably wouldn't go too heavy, unless it was found in the woods years after the war. Your rust looks an awful lot like worn paint and that would certainly be there!

Rob.

Your more experienced than me , I have never used rust effect before, I will take that just a few minor corrections ie gun turret cos defo cocked that up and might do a light oversray on top of turret, I know next time not to go to heavy, thank you

Your more experienced than me , I have never used rust effect before, I will take that just a few minor corrections ie gun turret cos defo cocked that up and might do a light oversray on top of turret, I know next time not to go to heavy, thank you

You're certainly welcome! You're doing just fine as far as I can see. I do, however, have an old monitor and I'm blind in one eye and have to use glasses for the eye I can see out of. Remember that when I say "As far as I can see".

;)

Rob.

Latest posts

Back