1st time usin airbrush

carthorse11

I was goung to leave it dark yellow and then thought i have an airbrush I was scared of using it incase messed it up, I have a bit more to do on it because im not 100% with the camo patterns but loved the airbrush specially with the edges I now cant wait to use again

20240218_182401.jpg

20240218_182407.jpg

20240218_182415.jpg

Looks really good to me. I had an airbrush given to me many years ago and still haven’t used it. Been using Tamiya rattle cans for the limited amount of models I’ve built.
Matt.

Looks really good to me. I had an airbrush given to me many years ago and still haven’t used it. Been using Tamiya rattle cans for the limited amount of models I’ve built.
Matt.
Thank you, I have had the airbrush for months and was scared stiff of using it, not scared now lol but am going to adjust the camo a bit

An airbrush is probably the easiest paint tool to use, once you practice with it. From a tiny 'soft' line, to a 1 inch spray pattern to paint a whole body. Just adjust the spray tip on a flat board..... then how much to pull the trigger. I am not an "airbrush expert", but I was coached by famous artists. My use was for large projects.

I assisted great artists, ( 1st 3 pics ) Then I turned a Continental into 'swiss cheeze".... Very fun !

Cuda Tail 2 .jpg

DSCF0063.JPG

Cuda restoration.jpg

IMGP0487.JPG

IMGP0538.JPG

An airbrush is probably the easiest paint tool to use, once you practice with it. From a tiny 'soft' line, to a 1 inch spray pattern to paint a whole body. Just adjust the spray tip on a flat board..... then how much to pull the trigger. I am not an "airbrush expert", but I was coached by famous artists. My use was for large projects.

I assisted great artists, ( 1st 3 pics ) Then I turned a Continental into 'swiss cheeze".... Very fun !

View attachment 113849

View attachment 113850

View attachment 113851

View attachment 113852

View attachment 113853
Wow

Look at the off-road buggy. EVERYTHING on the side of the body is completely flat ( upper & lower panels). There are no rivets, vents, panel braces, etc. All airbrush. Pretty cool.... ( That was how I learned to paint swiss cheese holes on the Continental. ( Artist is the famed, Kenny Youngblood) I helped him on the Hot Wheels bodies also. ( headlights, grill, etc are smooth surfaces, all air brush work)

If you can hold a marker pen, you can airbrush)

Looks good! Keep practicing, that's how you'll learn, as you get more comfortable. As you go, you'll get more comfortable with free-hand airbrushing, with masking, with different settings on the brush, needs and tips of different sizes, etc.

Latest posts

Back