Second Model 1/35 Tamiya Bulldog

jwt708

Hello all! This is my second build and was a kit I picked up on a whim. While shopping at the local Hobby Lobby for supplies they had all model kits 40% off so I grabbed anything that looked interesting and this was one. Picked up the kit for just under $11.

IMG_20240212_103412718.jpg

At this point I've completed assembly of the lower hull. The latches do not fit great, with the holes being slightly wider the latches.

IMG_20240212_103341882.jpg
IMG_20240212_103353086.jpg

Turret complete. Everything went together pretty well, only frustrating part was attaching all the hand holds, all 12 of them.

IMG_20240212_115805538.jpg
There it is all together, except for the treads, which will get painted first. I tried putting them on for a picture but it wasn't going well so it's a fight I only want to have once.

The Bulldog was pretty easy to put together. Had fun building it and next will be the painting. Might be a while before I paint it, I don't have all the colors.

Just so you know, Hobby Lobby runs that 40% off sale every other week. I have picked up a lot of kits there this past year. So far it look like you have done good with the Bulldog. Tamiya kits are nice in general. I do agree those smaller bits can be a bit of a hassle but very satisfying when you get them on straight.

Good to know! My Hobby Lobby is not very good. I am also a wargamer and would go there looking for supplies, which they have very few. Guess I'll need to go more often and see if they restock or run the sale again.

I appreciate the kind words on the build. It was a lot of fun( compared to my other model I'm working on).

Good to know! My Hobby Lobby is not very good. I am also a wargamer and would go there looking for supplies, which they have very few. Guess I'll need to go more often and see if they restock or run the sale again.

I appreciate the kind words on the build. It was a lot of fun( compared to my other model I'm working on).
Have to agree with bear, tamiya take some beating, especially the newer kits. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back