M-48A3 VIETNAM

Terry, it's looking awesome. I have a dumb question, how different is the M48 from the M60?

Hey Terry you're puttin on the Ritz now buddy. 8)

From here on out don't go and mess it up.

No Pressure, No Pressure ;D
Tony lee

wyoroy said:
Terry, it's looking awesome. I have a dumb question, how different is the M48 from the M60?

Hey Roy,

Well a lot of little things. The shape of the front hull is different. Straight instead of rounded. The road wheel are ribbed instead of stamped. Front fenders and light guards were changed. Then the M60A1 had a larger turret with a 105mm gun. Commander's cupola was redesigned eleminating the riser.

Terry

Tony lee said:
Hey Terry you're puttin on the Ritz now buddy. 8)

From here on out don't go and mess it up.

No Pressure, No Pressure ;D
Tony lee

Thanks Tony......thanks a lot :p

Terry ;D

Looking good, Mr.T. Those dirty Viet cong better watch out when this Ass-kicking tank gets going.
I think there was a scene in Full Metal Jacket were an infantry squad and tanks were going into a Vietminese
city. Man, that was a cool movie.
Keep on treading. Bill

PANZERMAN said:
Looking good, Mr.T. Those dirty Viet cong better watch out when this Ass-kicking tank gets going.
I think there was a scene in Full Metal Jacket were an infantry squad and tanks were going into a Vietminese
city. Man, that was a cool movie.
Keep on treading. Bill

Thanks Bill!! I'll have to watch that movie again. It's been a while

Terry ;D

Looking quality love the shading on that turret and all the other work you've put in keep it up

Geegad

Hey guys it's update time. I spent Saturday getting the upper hull completed and painted. I have to add the decals and weathering, but there are no more tank parts left to add. As I am heading down the back stretch here are some pictures of what things look like now. Comments and questions are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07273.jpg

DSC07274.jpg

DSC07275.jpg

DSC07276.jpg

DSC07277.jpg

DSC07278.jpg

Looks Great!! The light is brilliant! What have you used for the "windows"( i can't think of the proper name for them at the mo, sorry, Haha! ;) Cant wait to see it with the weathering complete. The PE mesh on the back of the turret is a magic touch!

nickt666 said:
Looks Great!! The light is brilliant! What have you used for the "windows"( i can't think of the proper name for them at the mo, sorry, Haha! ;) Cant wait to see it with the weathering complete. The PE mesh on the back of the turret is a magic touch!

Thanks Nick!! The little windows(vision ports) and periscopes were painted white and then covered with Tamiya clear green.

Terry ;D

Latest posts

Back